Social Media Intern (Spring)
Motherly (www.mother.ly) is a wellbeing brand redefining motherhood on behalf of a new generation of mothers, empowering modern mamas with expert information, an inspiring community, and thoughtfully curated products to guide her through the journey of motherhood.
Motherly is the only positive, encouraging parenting site reaching and influencing Millennial moms at scale–Motherly connects with her when she is looking for and absorbing more information, products and services than during any other life transition. With 20M+ multi-platform unique audience viewers each month, the brand supports mamas through their entire parenthood journey, delivering women-centric content that addresses her whole lifestyle through thousands of articles, images, videos and classes.
This position will contribute to the Audience Growth team to help grow and engage our social media platforms. We are looking for someone with social media experience and basic design skills who is passionate about telling a brand’s story. The Social Media Intern will also be expected to help assist in the overall engagement and sourcing across all social platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter. Preference will be given to those candidates who are currently enrolled in college and have an eye for beautiful creatives.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Assisting with IG story creation (experience with Canva a plus)
- Instagram Image Sourcing from influencers and hashtags
- Community engagement and moderation
- Basic analytics reporting for team meetings
- Identify editorial content to repackage and repromote on social
- Included in brainstorming and team meetings as necessary
- Stay on top of real-time trends for Motherly + competitor brands
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Currently studying marketing, media or journalism.
- A desire to grow and learn in a very fast-moving startup.
- Ability to be self-motivating and take initiative.
Part-Time Summer Internship: 3 days a week / 12 hours a week
Remote work-from-home internship
For College Credit Only