Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 8, 2022
At Mosaic, our mission is to make places people love and to make those places widely available. As a tech-enabled general contractor for the residential development industry, we partner with the nation's most innovative developers to transform how communities are created and delivered. Come build with us!
Mosaic is a strong fit for individuals who are passionate about solving the upstream challenges of homebuilding, and who thrive in cross-disciplinary teams of software developers, designers, and construction managers.
About this Opportunity:
As a member of the Construction Operations team, you will play a key role in budgeting, negotiating, and contracting the vertical portion of the residential work.
You will also refine current purchasing processes and implement new methodology to support the company’s growth plans.
You will work cross functionally to research and gather information needed to establish accurate housing budgets and optimized purchasing data.
*The Purchasing Manager position is a hybrid role with the expectation to be in the office 3 days per week, and might need to visit the field from time to time.
We Are Looking For Candidates Who Are:
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- Persistent and constantly seeking ways to identity and resolve root cause issues
- Eager to learn
- Tech savvy
- Strong written and verbal communicators
- Team players who are able to function effectively as part of a team and in a remote setting
- Manage and grow vertical tradebase, including vetting, negotiating & bidding, re-bidding and contracting; Always keeping the trades updated with the most accurate and updated information including, plans, specs, product changes and miscellaneous information.
- Create and maintain construction budgets, specification documents and VE analysis, all of them based on in-house takeoffs, best knowledge of current unit prices and hard bids among other resources.
- Keep open communication channels between the Vertical Purchasing, Land, Construction teams, among others, to assure the best service and experience for our customers.
- College or technical education preferred
- 5 - 7 years of demonstrated experience working in a Purchasing Agent or Purchasing Manager role
- Experience working in the residential construction industry
- Familiarity with blueprints and construction documents
- Demonstrated experience bidding out all vertical trades and awarding contracts for multiple production build communities
- Experience with project management/ERP software programs; MarkSystems
Company Benefits: Mosaic offers a competitive salary, 401(K), medical dental, vision, and life insurance, unlimited PTO, and a generous number of company holidays.
Company Work Environment Philosophy: Mosaic is a flex-first work environment, meaning some of the roles are worked primarily on a remote basis with some visibility to the corporate offices while others are worked physically in the corporate office or other such assigned in-person physical hub with some flexibility for occasional remote. These schedules are pre-designed and physical workspaces pre-determined based specifically on the position and visibility needs.
EEO Statement: The equal employment opportunity policy of this employer provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. This employer hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.