Staff Software Engineer, Data Platform
- TIME 100 Most Influential Companies (2023)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
About the Role
As a staff level software engineer at Maven Clinic, you will be responsible for driving the technical vision and roadmap for our Data Platform Teams. You will lead the design, development, and maintenance of highly scalable, performant, and reliable systems that support the growing opportunities in our product and platform systems. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the delivery of high-quality products and features that meet the needs of our customers and adhere to Maven's quality standards.
- Lead the design, development, and maintenance of highly scalable, performant, and reliable systems that support the growing needs of Maven's platform and backend teams.
- Propose, design, develop and implement cloud-based solutions that ensure the agility, flexibility, and scalability of our systems.
- Drive technical design discussions and provide guidance to team members on best practices, coding standards, and architecture principles.
- Collaborate with and lead cross-functional teams to drive the development of new features and products, ensuring they meet the needs of our customers and adhere to Maven's quality standards.
- Mentor and guide and mid-level engineers, helping to develop their technical skills and cultivate a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Identify and evaluate emerging technologies, tools, and trends that can drive innovation and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our engineering processes.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in backend development and platform architecture, with a proven track record of building highly scalable, performant, and reliable systems.
- Experience in building high performance distributed data-intensive systems and large-scale data processing pipelines
- Strong expertise in developing cloud-based solutions, with hands-on experience in one or more cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.), including infrastructure as code and serverless architectures.
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages (Java, Python, Go, etc.)
- Experience leading technical design discussions and providing guidance on best practices, coding standards, and architecture principles.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with a proven ability to deliver high-quality code in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and mentor junior engineers.
At Maven Clinic, we are committed to building a world-class digital healthcare platform that empowers women and families to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. If you are a seasoned engineer with a passion for building scalable, performant, and reliable systems, and want to make a real impact in the world of healthcare, we would love to hear from you.
For candidates in NYC or CO, the salary range for this role is $195,000 - $300,000 per year. You may also be entitled to receive a bonus, stock options, and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.