Senior Research Associate, CRISPR Platform (High-throughput Mammalian Screening)
Brisbane, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2023
Mammoth is currently seeking a creative and detail-oriented Senior Research Associate with experience in molecular biology, next-generation sequencing, and/or mammalian cell culture to join our CRISPR Platform team.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with colleagues to develop and execute high-throughput experiments in mammalian cell lines to support the development of novel Cas nucleases for therapeutic genome editing. They will have the opportunity to contribute broadly across multiple technical areas, including automation, software tool development, synthetic biology, and high-throughput screening.
This position requires adaptability, strong organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team-oriented environment.
- Develop and execute high-throughput molecular biology, cell culture, and functional assay protocols in the novel Cas nuclease development pipeline
- Integrate high-throughput laboratory automation into experimental workflows
- Detailed, accurate, and timely documentation of experimental procedures, data, and analysis, including meticulous sample tracking and data management
- Provide team support for wet lab tasks including tissue culture of various cell lines, phenotyping and analytical characterization of cells, genome editing of human cells, etc.
- Regular communications of data and analysis results to senior staff and team members
- Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner, adhering to environmental health and safety requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular and cell biology, immunology, biochemistry, or a related field and 2+ years of industry research experience in molecular/cell biology and/or with mammalian cell culture or Masters degree in molecular and cell biology, immunology, biochemistry, or a related field
- 1+ years of experience in mammalian cell culture, molecular cloning, PCR, DNA/RNA purification, and next-generation sequencing in biotechnology industry settings
- Experience with high-throughput laboratory automation (e.g. Tecan liquid handlers, Labcyte Echo, ZAG)
- Experience with sample/data management using LIMS, Benchling, etc.
- Experience or proficiency with SQL, JMP, Python, etc.
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver, and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Salary Range: $90,250 - $105,735
The listed base salary range is for Mammoth employees in the Bay Area. Actual base salary will be determined by geographic work location, relevant professional experience, applicable skills, and internal equity. The base salary range for those working remotely outside of the San Francisco Bay Area may differ and will be determined by industry market data for the role and specific region.
Mammoth Biosciences is a biotechnology company focused on leveraging its proprietary ultracompact CRISPR systems to develop long-term curative therapies, as well as other applications such as decentralized precision diagnostics. Founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington, the company’s ultracompact proteins are designed to enable in vivo gene editing in difficult to reach tissues utilizing both nuclease applications and new editing modalities beyond double stranded breaks, including base editing, gene writing, and epigenetic editing. The company is building out its pipeline of potential in vivo gene editing therapeutics and capabilities and has partnerships with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to broaden the reach of its innovative and proprietary technology. Mammoth’s deep science and industry experience, along with a robust and differentiated intellectual property portfolio, have enabled the company to further its mission to transform the lives of patients and deliver on the full promise of CRISPR technologies.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.
Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.