Software Engineer - Product (fullstack, senior level)
Luminary powers how advisors connect their client’s financial assets with generational gifting and philanthropic giving goals.
Some $80 trillion will pass between generations in the decades ahead. And high net worth asset owners say they want their advisors to lead them through this process. Today, however, these same clients report a 70% gap between the services they expect and what they are receiving.
At the heart of this disconnect is the lack of integrated systems – making delivery of trust & estate advice costly and cumbersome. Luminary’s collaboration platform brings together wealth, legal, and tax advisors to scale complex workflows and enable holistic strategy transparency.
The time has come to bring technology-led efficiency and access to legacy planning. We’re building the foundation for the next generation of advisor services, and helping more people unlock meaning in their money.
Luminary’s founding team has deep experience in this space, and in building successful software businesses. Our backgrounds include AllianceBernstein, Blend, Origin, ChanZuckerberg, Peloton, Compass, Databricks, and Goldman Sachs.
We are backed by leading venture capital investors, prominent wealth management firms, and several family offices. And we’re supported by a group of esteemed advisors who are active in the trust & estate industry.
What you'll do
- As a member of the early engineering team, you’ll have meaningful ownership over the product development process and engineering culture. This is an incredible opportunity to have a significant impact
- You'll own and drive large initiatives, collaborating with the rest of the company to understand the context of the problem you're solving then design and build solutions
- Work closely with our CEO, Head of Product, and Head of Engineering to build and launch an zero to one product
- Interact directly with customers to understand their needs and solve their problems
- Iterate quickly with the Luminary team to create a generational business that democratizes wealth tech
Who you are
- You’re a resourceful, product-minded engineer with a startup mindset and you’re motivated to build an industry-leading company from the ground up alongside a talented, low-ego team.
- You enjoy designing and building products and features that span the stack, from designing the data model and API endpoints to building complex, data-rich user interfaces.
Because the stage of the company requires flexibility, we don’t have a strict set of skills for this role. Here are things that would be useful, although we certainly don’t expect you to have all of these!- Software engineering experience at a company/team with good engineering practices
- Experience with Golang (if you don’t have this, don’t worry; you can pick it up)
- Experience with Postgres or a similar database technology
- Experience with cloud-based web applications and complex data models
- Excellent communication with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Benefits we offer
We’re a very young company, but we believe firmly that happy, healthy employees will do their best work.
👩🏻⚕️ 100% employee health insurance coverage
🧘🏽♀️ Monthly wellness stipend
🏖️ Unlimited PTO
🛥️ 401(k) plan
💻 Remote friendly & NYC office for flexibility
Estimated $150-200k base + equity; Actual compensation package is dependent upon many factors such as experience, and technical skillset
Something looks off?