Senior Software Engineer
About the job
What we’re building
We are building the first SaaS product for wealth managers to automate and digitize the complex, inefficient, and costly trust and estate planning process. More than $100 billion in family and philanthropic giving capacity is created each year. But flaws in the current process impose over a billion in annual costs in order to access it. Specifically, we’ll be focusing on:
- Automated workflow and document generation - automate the workflow of creating and executing complex trust & estate documents and do this efficiently at scale, saving advisors and clients hundreds of millions of dollars per year
- Decision engine – simplify the complex intersection of tax law, asset performance, and charitable giving preferences to optimize recommended asset location. Once we acquire a sufficient amount of data, we will build an automated model to further optimize client outcomes.
- Intelligent, data-rich visualizations – reimagine and clarify the way that complex trust and estate plans are navigated, presented, and value is quantified.
What you’ll do
You’ll work closely with our CEO, CTO and CPO to create an MVP, decide on the tech stack and developer experience, and iterate quickly with our customers and executive team to create a generational business that democratizes wealth tech.
Who you are
You’re a resourceful engineer with a startup mindset and you’re motivated to build an industry-leading product from the ground up alongside a small, talented, high-trust team. Ideally, you’re comfortable working across the stack from infrastructure to the frontend, and you thrive in an environment of autonomy and ownership.
Because the stage of the company requires flexibility, we don’t have a strict set of skills for this role, but here’s some guidance:
- 2+ years of software engineering experience at a high-performing company or team
- Experience with React and Typescript
- Experience with AWS and Terraform
- Experience with cloud-based web applications and complex data models
- Excellent communication with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Who we are
The founding team is set up to succeed: CEO David Barnard has over twenty years of experience in financial services, including nearly a decade as head of the Private Wealth Management group at AllianceBernstein.
CPO David St. Geme and CTO Ian Lyons were both early employees at Blend, building and scaling a complex mortgage lending platform and growing it to an IPO (NYSE: BLND), with more than 300 customers and more than $5 billion per day in processed loans.
Luminary is backed by Joe Lonsdale (founder of Addepar and Palantir) and the team at 8VC, experienced and well-connected investors in the wealth tech space.