Customer Support Specialist
We're Karat, the world's largest interviewing company.
Karat helps companies hire top engineering talent with confidence. As an end-to-end hiring solution, we work with organizations to improve the quality, efficiency, and equity of their technical hiring process. Global leaders like Walmart, Atlassian, and Citi rely on Karat to conduct hundreds of assessments and interviews every day through a powerful combination of human expertise and innovative technology. Our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair and enjoyable so we can unlock opportunity -- for everyone. We’re a passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!
Come join our Customer Experience team
Our Customer Experience team is committed to delivering a premier, fair and enjoyable interview experience for our customers. As the front line of Karat’s live interview support, you will help refine our core product by providing insights and feedback from online interactions with candidates and Interview Engineers.
What you will do
As a Customer Experience Specialist at Karat, you will provide clear and prompt front-line support via chat and email to a variety of customers.
The schedule for this position will be Sunday - Tuesday and Thursday - Friday from 6:30 am CT - 3:00 pm CT. We are only looking to hire individuals based in Mexico for this position.
- Provide support and guidance via email and chat within existing SLAs to inbound inquiries.
- Ensure responses are within team guidelines and the communication reflects company brand and values. This includes helping navigate general public inquiries to the right internal team as-needed.
- Work with Karat’s community of Interview Engineers and Quality Control Engineers to accurately portray software engineering candidates’ interview results.
- Advocate on behalf of candidates within the organization to ensure their needs and concerns are addressed promptly and effectively.
- Collect and track feedback from candidates and Interview Engineers to gain insights into their experiences.
- Share feedback from email and chat inquiries to ensure team processes are continuously improved.
The experience you will bring
- 3+ years of professional experience in customer service or customer support in an environment that is fast-paced and dynamic
- Experience working in a remote environment preferred
- Strong fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience with customer management and communication software (preference for GSuite, Slack, and Zendesk) required
- History of high performance in a metrics-driven environment
- Strong demonstration of reliability, organization, and attention to detail
- Ability to exercise compassion and empathy with distinct audiences
Legal Employment Statement
Karat is a U.S. company. In order to work with individuals outside of the United States, we partner with a Professional Employer Organization (PEO). If hired for this position, your legal employer will be the PEO. This means your payroll, benefits offered, time off, etc., will be offered and managed by them.
Learn more about us
Statement of Inclusivity:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.