Senior Regulatory Affairs Program Manager II
As part of the small, passionate, and accomplished Architecture and Building Performance team, you will oversee the ongoing compliance processes to ensure ongoing compliance for wall systems, enclosures, and buildings. Concrete 3D Printed (C3DP) structures are new to the regulatory landscape and this position provides the opportunity to define standards and tests that will be used throughout the construction industry. As ICON continues to expand construction operations throughout the United States, staying ahead and informed of regulatory and certification is a critical role for our business success. As an ICONIC, you will be a leader and direct contributor to the development of entirely novel approaches to high-performance buildings and you will have the opportunity to work with your team to advance humankind’s ability to provide dignified, affordable, resilient, and sustainable shelter to the world. This role will report to the VP of Building Design & Performance and is based out of our Austin, TX campus.
- Lead the evaluation of ICON’s structural building systems for ongoing compliance with local, state, and national building codes throughout the United States.
- Establish and maintain long-term regulatory roadmap for certifications of ICON’s wall systems.
- Review and respond to incoming compliance requests from customers, including Federal and State government agencies, and identify steps necessary for ICON to achieve compliance.
- Identify, review, and recommend certifications aligned with ICON’s business objectives.
- Lead the processes to achieve compliance of ICON’s wall system with regulatory and certification bodies including background research, meeting with certification and testing agencies, documentation preparation and recording steps for compliance. This includes preparing applications for licenses or maintaining inspection records.
- Manage and oversee the testing process required for compliance and certifications.
- Work will include overseeing testing development, coordination with certification authorities, testing agencies and ICON Test print teams. Immediate certification efforts will focus on ICC-ES AC 509 certification and Miami-Dade code compliance.
- Liaise and maintain close correspondence with key internal and external stakeholders, evaluators, and contacts within regulatory bodies.
- Establish and maintain a standard for documentation of ICON’s policies and operational procedures demonstrating compliance with regulations.
- Research and remain apprised of upcoming code and regulatory requirements related to Concrete 3D Printed (C3DP) construction.
- Code review and generation of checklists and compliance reports for regulatory projects, assignments, and tasks.
- Coordinate with ICON’s product groups (Material Science, Hardware, Software Controls, Architecture & Building Performance) as well as our Construction Operations group to ensure quality expectations and standards are both met and maintained.
- In and out of state overnight travel, as required for assigned projects and tasks (typically no more than 1 - 2 nights).
- 6 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Law, Civil/Structural Engineering, or Construction-related discipline.
- Excellent written communication skills, experience in technical writing.
- Experience with field and lab testing.
- Knowledge of test methods and standards associated with testing of structural systems required for code compliance.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to read and understand building envelope drawings including wall cladding systems, curtain wall, window and door systems, waterproofing, and roofing.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree or higher in a related discipline.
- 7+ years of professional experience working on complex, concrete structural projects within a design-build environment.
- Experience working within and for regulatory bodies.
- Experience evaluating new structural and construction systems.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.