Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Hopscotch Primary Care
About Hopscotch Primary Care
At Hopscotch Primary Care, we believe great healthcare should be accessible to all people across all communities. Today, almost 20% of Americans live in a rural community, yet only 11% of physicians practice in those same communities. We are on a mission to transform healthcare in rural America. We provide high-quality primary care tailored to meet the needs of our patients through our robust care model and comprehensive care team, delivering care in our clinics, and across settings, and wrapping resources around the patients who need them most.
Our patients and the care teams who serve them sit at the center of everything we do at Hopscotch. Hopscotch Primary Care takes a team approach to serve patient needs and provide the best care possible. Our goal is to provide the care each of us would want for ourselves or for our family members, in the right setting, and at the right time.
Today, we are serving thousands of patients in our value-based care model and the number is growing every day. If you want to bring your experience, skill and passion to make a lasting impact in healthcare, we’d like to meet you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a clinically-sound, mission-driven individual to support the psychosocial needs of the patients. This individual will work closely with the clinic teams and providers, enabling outstanding patient care and success of the clinical care teams. This position will support primarily our Marion and Shelby, NC clinics. Travel to the other clinics throughout Western North Carolina will be required when necessary.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Specific responsibilities for this role will include, but a
- Collaborate with the providers and care teams to refer patients into the Behavioral Health Program
- Partner with Clinic Care Manager RNs and Community Health Workers to address needs that are identified through their patient outreach
- Screen and assess patients using evidence-based tools (i.e. PHQ2, GAD-7)
- Develop and monitor individual treatment (care) plans, using clinical interventions
- Provide short-term counseling via telehealth or in-person
- Escalation for crisis management support
- Provide Care coordination with external psychiatric specialists
- Build relationships with external resources related to Behavioral Health
- Be a Provider and care team resource for crisis and behavioral health services in Western North Carolina
- Timely documentation in the electronic medical record for any patient or care team consult activity
- Participate in clinical team meetings, such as high-risk huddles, to communicate behavioral health care plans to the providers and care teams
You would be a great fit for this position if you have at least 3 years working in a mental health/crisis capacity in a medical setting and you:
- Hold active LCSW, LCMHC, or LCMHCS in the state of North Carolina
- Have at least 3 years working in a mental health (medical setting preferred) setting in behavioral health crisis situations
- Clinically adept at patient assessment, safety planning, mobilizing emergency resources
- Strong understanding of WNC crisis and behavioral health support resources
- Strong understanding of WNC inpatient and ED resources and procedures for mental health and/ or substance use disorders
- Prioritize high-quality, timely, patient-centered care
- Ability to engage teammates as a collaborator and support in high-stress situations
- Comfortable with ambiguity and bring ideas for structure
- Strong communication, written and verbal, to engage teams
- Must have ability and willingness to travel to clinics in WNC as needed
From a cultural perspective, you are:
- Agile, yet thoughtful and can work effectively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Constantly seeking ways to simplify and improve how things are done, bringing a positive attitude to challenges
- Accountable, holding yourself and others to a high standard and seek to support and develop others
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to support the work required and collaborate effectively with people of all backgrounds
- Concise and articulate, drive towards clarity and deliver on your commitments
- Collaborative, assuming positive intentions
- Customer-focused, with a passion for serving patients and providers who make healthcare possible
At Hopscotch Primary Care, we embrace diversity, invest in a culture of inclusion and positivity and encourage all to apply to join our team. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.