Community Outreach Leader
Hopscotch Primary Care
About Hopscotch Health
At Hopscotch Health, we believe great healthcare should be accessible to all people across all communities. Today, almost 20% of Americans live in a rural community, yet only 11% of physicians practice in those same communities. We are on a mission to transform healthcare in rural America. We provide high-quality primary care tailored to meet the needs of our patients through our robust care model and comprehensive care team, delivering care in our clinics, and across settings, and wrapping resources around the patients who need them most.
Our patients and the care teams who serve them sit at the center of everything we do at Hopscotch. Hopscotch Health takes a team approach to serve patient needs and provide the best care possible. Our goal is to provide the care each of us would want for ourselves or for our family members, in the right setting, and at the right time.
Today, we are serving thousands of patients in our value-based care model and the number is growing every day. If you want to bring your experience, skill and passion to make a lasting impact in healthcare, we’d like to meet you.
About the Role
At Hopscotch Health, we take a team approach to serve patient needs and provide the best care possible. Our goal is to provide the care each of us would want for ourselves or for our family members, in the right setting and at the right time. The Hopscotch Health Clinic Team is responsible for delivering a high-quality, coordinated care experience for our patients at our clinics and within the healthcare system.
As the Community Outreach Leader, you will be a community builder and ambassador for Hopscotch Health. You will be responsible for building relationships throughout our communities, education community members about their healthcare options, and guiding local residents to becoming Hopscotch Health patients.
We pride ourselves on meeting patients where they need it most. You may be interacting with patients in a variety of settings, from the Hopscotch Health primary care clinic to community events and home visits.
This position is based in Brevard, NC. Your office will be home-based and you will travel locally as needed.
What You'll Do
As an Outreach Leader, you will serve as an ambassador for Hopscotch Health in the community and the primary point-of-contact for prospective patients. Specific responsibilities for this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Community building
- Prospecting, engaging, and building relationships with community organizations
- Fostering a sense of community in Hopscotch Health clinics
- Planning, executing, and attending Hopscotch Health events
- Attending community events and engaging with prospective patients and/or partners
- Thinking strategically to develop local relationships and partnerships
- Developing, implementing, and executing an effective sales strategy to achieve patient acquisition targets
- Generating leads by prospecting, building, and maintaining relationships throughout the community
- Performing outreach via email, phone, and networking to foster prospective patients
- Collaborating with marketing efforts to maximize effectiveness of outreach activities
- Developing sales plans and forecasts over various time horizons (e.g., 3-month, 6-month) and measuring and reporting out progress to those plans
- Relationship management
- Following up with new patients to collect feedback and ensure their needs are being met
- Tracking full-cycle outreach activities into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and other relevant business applications, from inputting new leads to successfully onboarding and retaining patients
- Collect and document feedback from prospects and patients and adapt outreach to address challenges
- Develop a portfolio of collaborative and mutually beneficial partnerships with community and business partners; create plans and manage plans to grow partnerships
- Measure and report out on key sales and account metrics and performance to plan
You would be a great fit for this position if you are interested in helping patients navigate their insurance eligibility and benefits, have basic knowledge of healthcare with an appetite for learning more, and have strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills. Previous experience in healthcare is not required.
A great candidate for the role:
- Is ambitious, organized, and energetic
- Is empathetic and an active listener
- Is a self-starter who is resourceful and doesn’t need a lot of direction to succeed
- Has a drive to succeed and want to control their own income
- Has an ability to quickly connect and influence the right people
- Builds trust quickly and can handle tough conversations
- Is collaborative and contributes to the effectiveness to the overall team
- Demonstrates good judgement professionally and ethically at all times
- Enjoys talking with seniors
- Is comfortable using email, Microsoft Office applications, and computer reporting tools; CRM experience preferred
- Has access to personal transportation with a valid driver’s license (required)
- Has U.S. work authorization (required)
The following are preferred but not required:
- Degree from a 2- or 4- year institution
- Sales or account management experience
- Healthcare knowledge
Additional skills and requirements for this role:
- Positive and energetic attitude with solutions-oriented mindset and organized approach to working
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to tell our story and engage prospective patients
From a cultural perspective, you:
- Create a culture of excellence, by bringing your best and encouraging the same from those around you
- Put service to patients first and encourage the same of those around you
- Take ownership and accountability for your work and for delivering results for patients
- Assume the best in others and bring solutions to challenges with a focus on moving forward together
- Show an active commitment to the team by collaborating and communicating proactively
- Demonstrate a dedication to continuous improvement, in clinical and cultural settings
At Hopscotch Health, we embrace diversity, invest in a culture of inclusion and positivity and encourage all to apply to join our team. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.