Hopscotch Primary Care
About Hopscotch Health
At Hopscotch Health, we believe great healthcare should be accessible to all people across all communities. Today, almost 20% of Americans live in a rural community, yet only 11% of physicians practice in those same communities. We are on a mission to transform healthcare in rural America. We provide high-quality primary care tailored to meet the needs of our patients through our robust care model and comprehensive care team, delivering care in our clinics, and across settings, and wrapping resources around the patients who need them most.
Our patients and the care teams who serve them sit at the center of everything we do at Hopscotch. Hopscotch Health takes a team approach to serve patient needs and provide the best care possible. Our goal is to provide the care each of us would want for ourselves or for our family members, in the right setting, and at the right time.
Today, we are serving thousands of patients in our value-based care model and the number is growing every day. If you want to bring your experience, skill and passion to make a lasting impact in healthcare, we’d like to meet you.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our early team at a critical and exciting time for the company. In this position, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and building out Hopscotch Health’s data and analytics strategy, as well as helping to shape the overarching strategy and culture of the company. You will have an opportunity to own end-to- end execution of projects that directly impact the care delivery process. You will be part of a skilled, passionate, and collaborative team committed to working together to realize Hopscotch Health’s ambitious and important vision.
What You'll Do
Near-term focus areas for this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Build out and maintenance of the data infrastructure (from the ground up) that supports end-user workflows, 3rd party integrations, and data science and analytics needs
- Support integration of new data (e.g. HIE, ADT systems) as needed to enhance quality of information available.
- Build out and maintenance of data pipelines that drive actionable intelligence, analytics, and data science.
- Requirements scoping and documentation with key stakeholders to design and build the data models that powers all workflows across the company.
- Design and setup of the data store infrastructure that serves as central data lake.
You would be a great fit for this position if you have 3+ years of experience in data engineering, preferably in healthcare services, and you are:
- Knowledgeable about healthcare, preferably in the services/provider sector or the payer sector
- Results-driven and focus time/resources against the most important priorities
- Energized by building relationships and finding creative solutions to arrive at mutually beneficial outcomes
- Comfortable with ambiguity and bring a structured, proactive approach to get things done and execute
- Strategic and develop robust insights from data and analysis, with an ability to translate findings into action
- Articulate and succinct with communication about complex concepts, verbally and in writing, and use synthesized communications to drive results From a cultural perspective, you are:
- Agile, yet thoughtful and can work effectively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Constantly seeking ways to simplify and improve how things are done, bringing a positive attitude to challenges
- Accountable, holding yourself and others to a high standard and seek to support and develop others
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to support the work required and collaborate effectively with people of all backgrounds
- Concise and articulate, drive towards clarity and deliver on your commitments
- Collaborative, assuming positive intentions
- Customer-focused, with a passion for serving patients and providers who make healthcare possible
- 2+ years of Data engineering experience shipping production level code.
- Familiarity with working with healthcare data sources and interfaces (e.g. FHIR) and clinical workflow software such as an electronic health record system.
- Experience with tools such as DBT to build re-usable, testable, and maintainable data models
- Experience with Airflow, Prefect, or other data orchestration platforms
- Experience with data warehouses like Big Query, Redshift, or Snowflake
At Hopscotch Health, we embrace diversity, invest in a culture of inclusion and positivity and encourage all to apply to join our team. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.