Clinical Information Specialist (Scribe)
About Hopscotch Health
At Hopscotch Health, we believe great healthcare should be accessible to all people across all communities. Today, almost 20% of Americans live in a rural community, yet only 11% of physicians practice in those same communities. We are on a mission to transform healthcare in rural America. We provide high-quality primary care tailored to meet the needs of our patients through our robust care model and comprehensive care team, delivering care in our clinics, and across settings, and wrapping resources around the patients who need them most.
Our patients and the care teams who serve them sit at the center of everything we do at Hopscotch. Hopscotch Health takes a team approach to serve patient needs and provide the best care possible. Our goal is to provide the care each of us would want for ourselves or for our family members, in the right setting, and at the right time.
Today, we are serving thousands of patients in our value-based care model and the number is growing every day. If you want to bring your experience, skill and passion to make a lasting impact in healthcare, we’d like to meet you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Clinical Information Specialist, you will play a critical role on the Care team and serve as the personal data assistant and medical scribe to the physician and the entire Care team. You will handle documentation and informatics for providers during patient visits to Hopscotch centers. You will be trained to be experts in structured clinical assessments, accurate and specific documentation, population health, clinical workflows and team-based care. This work helps to enable effective and efficient medical care for our patients.
This role is a full-time position based in-clinic in Marion, NC.
What You'll Do
- Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Observe and record patient encounters/examinations
- Research and gather patient medical history from external sources including claims data and past providers - your job is the first step in enabling the care model. You will be gathering patient history from likely 5 to 10 data sources and treat them effectively; have a holistic picture of patient health.
- Document patient information, history, and diagnoses
- Assist in medical management
- Document medical decision making
- Consult with the care team and other providers on patient needs
- Commit to the Code of Conduct and to Hopscotch values
You would be a great fit for this position if you have the following:
- A problem-solving orientation and a flexible and positive attitude
- A self-starter mindset and can work independently and collaboratively
- Preferred 1 year of experience in healthcare, community-based, or social work environment
- Experience utilizing electronic medical record systems
- Knowledge of community resources and resource navigation
- Experience working on a multidisciplinary team preferred
- Proficient PC skills
- Fluency in language that is commonly spoken in the community, where necessary
- Ability to travel locally
- US work authorization
From a cultural perspective, you are:
- Agile, yet thoughtful and can work effectively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Constantly seeking ways to simplify and improve how things are done, bringing a positive attitude to challenges
- Accountable, holding yourself and others to a high standard and seek to support and develop others
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to support the work required and collaborate effectively with people of all backgrounds
- Concise and articulate, drive towards clarity and deliver on your commitments
- Collaborative, assuming positive intentions
- Customer-focused, with a passion for serving patients and providers who make healthcare possible
At Hopscotch Health, we embrace diversity, invest in a culture of inclusion and positivity and encourage all to apply to join our team. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.