About Hopscotch Health
At Hopscotch Health, we believe great healthcare should be accessible to all people across all communities. Today, almost 20% of Americans live in a rural community, yet only 11% of physicians practice in those same communities. We are on a mission to transform healthcare in rural America. We provide high-quality primary care tailored to meet the needs of our patients through our robust care model and comprehensive care team, delivering care in our clinics, and across settings, and wrapping resources around the patients who need them most.
Our patients and the care teams who serve them sit at the center of everything we do at Hopscotch. Hopscotch Health takes a team approach to serve patient needs and provide the best care possible. Our goal is to provide the care each of us would want for ourselves or for our family members, in the right setting, and at the right time.
Today, we are serving thousands of patients in our value-based care model and the number is growing every day. If you want to bring your experience, skill and passion to make a lasting impact in healthcare, we’d like to meet you.
About the Role
The Project Manager identifies project goals, objectives, and scope and creates a project plan that outlines the tasks, timelines, and resources required to ensure successful execution of Hopscotch Health's mission and strategic objectives. The role will work alongside the PMO team as well as clinical operations, strategy, finance, market operations, and practice transformation team members to stand up and launch Hopscotch clinics, a responsibility that will span multiple markets and partners simultaneously.
This role can be remote and will require routine travel to designated markets.
What You'll Do
Specific responsibilities for this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, lead, and manage acquired clinic and de novo implementations to help organization meet company goals.
- Create, maintain, and utilize a standard project management tool to catalog, assign, and identify each step in the identified project.
- Create, manage, and implement the project life cycle for clinical and non-clinical projects.
- Under supervision, serve as the direct interface with key stakeholders and is responsible for implementing capabilities to support collaboration, while maintaining excellent provider, market team and corporate team satisfaction.
- Identify, manage, and resolve risks and issues related to implementations by highlighting key critical launch items, and ensuring accountable owner is identified.
- Drive collaboration with each department in the organization, ensuring gating factors are well known, transparent communication occurs, and mitigation strategies are identified with the accountable party.
- Partner with the Clinical, Technology, Operations, and People teams to identify and drive improvements.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
You would be a great fit for this position if
- You have a bachelor’s degree and 2- 4 years of experience in project management support within professional or healthcare services, working in a PMO office.
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Have knowledge at a high level on primary care practices/MSO organizations operations
- Knowledge of Click Up or other Project Management Tooling
- Prior experience managing projects for healthcare organizations (e.g., EHR implementations) is a plus.
- Able to work cross-functionally with a variety of team members.
- Strong, professional communication skills, able to approach senior managers using appropriate level of detail, terminology, and style
- Strong planning and organizing, ability to see the big picture
- Focus on details, errorless delivery, logical reasoning
- Solution and risk mitigation seeking behavior
- A strong team player, proven team leadership potential
- Fast learner with ability to adapt to change quickly
From a cultural perspective, you are:
- Agile, yet thoughtful and can work effectively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Constantly seeking ways to simplify and improve how things are done, bringing a positive attitude to challenges
- Accountable, holding yourself and others to a high standard and seek to support and develop others
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to support the work required and collaborate effectively with people of all backgrounds
- Concise and articulate, drive towards clarity and deliver on your commitments
- Collaborative, assuming positive intentions
- Customer-focused, with a passion for serving patients and providers who make healthcare possible
At Hopscotch Health, we embrace diversity, invest in a culture of inclusion and positivity and encourage all to apply to join our team. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.