Advanced Practice Clinician (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant)
About Hopscotch Health
At Hopscotch Health, we believe great healthcare should be accessible to all people across all communities. Today, almost 20% of Americans live in a rural community, yet only 11% of physicians practice in those same communities. We are on a mission to transform healthcare in rural America. We provide high-quality primary care tailored to meet the needs of our patients through our robust care model and comprehensive care team, delivering care in our clinics, and across settings, and wrapping resources around the patients who need them most.
Our patients and the care teams who serve them sit at the center of everything we do at Hopscotch. Hopscotch Health takes a team approach to serve patient needs and provide the best care possible. Our goal is to provide the care each of us would want for ourselves or for our family members, in the right setting, and at the right time.
Today, we are serving thousands of patients in our value-based care model and the number is growing every day. If you want to bring your experience, skill and passion to make a lasting impact in healthcare, we’d like to meet you.
About the Role
Hopscotch Health takes a team approach to serve patient needs and provide the best care possible. Our goal is to provide the care each of us would want for ourselves or for our family members, in the right setting and at the right time. The Hopscotch Care Team is responsible for delivering high-touch, high-quality care to patients, including coordination of care across different physicians and within the healthcare system.
As an Advanced Practice Clinician (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) on the care team, you will play a critical role in serving patient needs, enabling patient outcomes and creating a positive patient experience. This role will be responsible for direct patient care and collaboration and engagement with a broad interdisciplinary team to determine needs, tailor care plans and deliver high quality care. Beyond day-to-day responsibilities, this professional will help enhance the Hopscotch clinical model to improve patient care, outcomes and experience and enable the culture for Hopscotch in the clinics and in the community.
This role is based in Marion, NC.
What You'll Do
As an Advanced Practice Clinician, you will provide comprehensive and interdisciplinary primary care with a focus on patient outcomes, quality metrics, and patient experience. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver comprehensive primary care services to a set panel of patients, including office visits and telehealth visits for routine and acute primary care issues
- Work closely with physicians, community health workers, case managers, pharmacists, and others to deliver high-quality outcomes
- Completion of comprehensive annual wellness visits and risk assessments
- Phone triage and outreach as needed
- Possible home visits if needed
- Develop trust with patients and caregivers, engage them to educate on care plans and strategies for wellness and prevention
- Proactively communicate across the care team and advocate for the patient, understanding patient needs, developing care plans and delivering care to enable positive outcomes
- Practice with a “continuous-improvement” mindset, following evidence-based guidelines and innovating on care models that solve real problems for our patients
- Meet high benchmark for results on quality metrics and outcomes, including patient experience, STARS/HEDIS, and utilization
Additional requirements also include:
Value-based Care and Clinical Excellence
- Demonstrate commitment to value-based care and compliance, ensuring practice is in-line with value-based interventions
- Understand and leverage best practices and evidence-based approaches in care and work across Hopscotch team to incorporate best practices and new approaches to enable patient outcomes
Commitment to Hopscotch
- Message concerns and risks regarding patient care, team, or culture to leadership and propose solutions
- Act within the Hopscotch “Code of Conduct” at all times and live the Hopscotch mission and values
We are looking for an Advanced Practice Clinician (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) who has:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a primary care specialty (internal medicine, geriatrics, family medicine)
- Experience with HCC (Hierarchical Condition Categories) documentation, ICD-10 (International Classification of Diseases-10) Coding and HRA (Health Risk Assessments)
- Experience working with multiple software platforms, electronic health records, spreadsheet development and navigation, data processing, organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities appropriately
- An active, non-probationary state medical license
- US work authorization
The following are preferred but not required:
- Experience with the Medicare population, including in-home care as well as documentation and compliance requirements
- Experience caring for “at-risk” panel of patients
- Experience teaching and training others, in both formal and informal ways
Additional skills and capabilities required:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- High emotional intelligence and strong collaboration skills working with diverse groups
- Skill with motivational interviewing, behavior change, health promotion, and coaching
- High attention to detail, organization, coordination and planning skills
- Solid problem solving and critical thinking skills
- A proven ability to learn complex topics quickly and put knowledge into action
From a cultural perspective, you:
- Create a culture of excellence, by bringing your best and encouraging the same from those around you
- Put service to patients first and encourage the same of those around you
- Take ownership and accountability for your work and for delivering results for patients
- Assume the best in others and bring solutions to challenges with a focus on moving forward together
- Show an active commitment to the team by collaborating and communicating proactively
- Demonstrate a dedication to continuous improvement, in clinical and cultural settings
At Hopscotch Health, we embrace diversity, invest in a culture of inclusion and positivity and encourage all to apply to join our team. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.