Primary Care Physician
About Hopscotch Health
At Hopscotch Health, we believe great healthcare should be accessible to all people across all communities. Today, almost 20% of Americans live in a rural community, yet only 11% of physicians practice in those same communities. We are on a mission to transform healthcare in rural America. We provide high-quality primary care tailored to meet the needs of our patients through our robust care model and comprehensive care team, delivering care in our clinics, and across settings, and wrapping resources around the patients who need them most.
Our patients and the care teams who serve them sit at the center of everything we do at Hopscotch. Hopscotch Health takes a team approach to serve patient needs and provide the best care possible. Our goal is to provide the care each of us would want for ourselves or for our family members, in the right setting, and at the right time.
Today, we are serving thousands of patients in our value-based care model and the number is growing every day. If you want to bring your experience, skill and passion to make a lasting impact in healthcare, we’d like to meet you.
Join Us on Our Mission to Transform Healthcare!
Hopscotch Health takes a team approach to serve patient needs and provide the best care possible. Our goal is to provide the care each of us would want for ourselves or for our family members, in the right setting, and at the right time. The Hopscotch Care Team is responsible for delivering high-touch, high-quality care to patients, including coordination of care across different physicians and the broader healthcare continuum.
- A robust community of thoughtful, talented physician leaders who want to transform healthcare through their experience, skill and cultural leadership
- Smaller patient panels to allow time with patients and proactive investment in their health
- Average of 15 patients per day
- More time with patients: 40- and 20-minute visit types
- Robust administrative and clinical support with a comprehensive care team that includes MA’s, Scribe’s, Community Health Workers and RN Care Managers
- Strong compensation and financial support
- Base pay plus up to 15% in annual bonus
- Consideration for sign-on bonus or student loan repayment up to $50,000.00
What You'll Do
As a Primary Care Physician for our Shelby, NC clinic, you will provide day-to-day leadership for the clinic teams and deliver high-quality care, an exceptional patient experience and a best-in-class culture, acting as a Champion of the Hopscotch Care Model and a Culture advocate for your team and your patients. Specifically, you will:
- Provide high-quality patient care in the comprehensive and interdisciplinary care model of Hopscotch health to deliver best-in-class outcomes and results for your dedicated patient panel
- Outperform against target metrics and outcomes, including patient experience, STARS/HEDIS, care coordination, utilization and cost of care, through collaboration and engagement of your clinical care team
- Provide direct oversight of your clinical care team, including Hopscotch Advanced Practitioner, Medical Assistant, Care Manager, Community Health Worker and others
- Proactively communicate across the care team and advocate for the patient, understanding patient needs, developing care plans and delivering care to enable positive outcomes
- Deliver comprehensive primary care services to a dedicated panel of patients, including office visits and telehealth visits for routine and acute primary care issues. This includes delivery of all types of patient visits, including Annual Wellness Visits, as well as patient outreach, triage, and care in the community as needed
- Develop trust with patients and caregivers, help them garner trust in broader care team, engage them to educate on care plans and strategies for wellness and prevention
- Drive excellence with a “continuous-improvement” mindset, following evidence-based guidelines and innovating on care models that solve real problems for our patients
- Set the curve for Care team through clear understanding and execution to deliver care in the Hopscotch care model, a commitment to results, quality and excellence and by executing against key workflows and processes to enable the model
- Co-lead Daily Huddles and High-Risk Huddles in partnership with CMRN to prepare the care team to best meet the needs of your patients
- Lead by example and drive execution across team for all critical elements of clinical workflows in an accurate and timely manner for preparation, delivery and follow through of patient visits, including documentation and coding
- Actively participate in all Clinical Forums, providing feedback, driving action and ensuring that key discussion points and takeaways are cascaded to your clinic Providers and other team members as appropriate
- Support integration, transformation, and on-going operational excellence at the clinic, including but not limited to comprehensive care model training, migration to athena EMR, renovations of the clinic, onboarding of new care teams roles, and reassignment of roles for the existing team members
- Support the Hopscotch mission and vision through your leadership around talent and culture, clinical innovation and compliance/best practices to enable success
- Talent and Culture:
- Cultivate a culture of high performance, service to patients, and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Foster a culture of communication, collaboration, and positivity with a focus on results and accountability
- Help attract, develop, and retain talent across the organization
- Value-Based Care and Clinical Excellence:
- Demonstrate commitment to value-based care and compliance in clinical leadership, ensuring standards are well-defined and met
- Monitor and understand best practices and evidence-based approaches in care and work across Hopscotch team to incorporate best practices and new approaches to enable patient outcomes
- Other Hopscotch Priorities:
- Message concerns and risks regarding patient care, team, or culture to leadership and propose solutions
- Act within the Hopscotch “Code of Conduct” at all times and live the Hopscotch mission and values
- Represent Hopscotch Health in the community and provides community-based education, engagement, and participation in events such as health fairs/conferences
- Talent and Culture:
You’ll be a great fit for this position if you have 3+ years of post-Residency experience. You must be Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine, have an active, non-probationary North Carolina state medical license, and be authorized to work in the US. An ideal candidate will also have experience with and/or robust knowledge of:
- Value-based Care and other innovative clinical models, specifically those that serve high acuity members
- Medicare population, including in-home care as well as documentation and compliance requirements
- Caring for “at-risk” panel of patients
- Using data and insights to drive action in a clinical setting
- Leading, teaching, and training others, in formal and informal ways
You also have a proven track record demonstrating:
- High EQ and a collaborative and trust-driven working style to quickly build relationships, internally and externally, to enable our work and culture.
- Comfort with dynamic and sometimes ambiguous settings, showing the skill to bring a structured, proactive approach to prioritize and execute in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and leverage critical thinking and perseverance to take initiatives, solve problems, operate with autonomy and succeed in high-pressure situations.
- Willingness to act with courage, lean into conflict and foster the ‘tough’ conversations that need to happen to support our culture and success together
- A service orientation, demonstrating a patient centric mindset, going above and beyond for patient needs and creating a culture where your entire team does the same
From a cultural perspective, you are:
- Committed to excellence and bring a growth mindset to everything you do
- Patient- and mission-focused, with a passion for healthcare and service to the providers who deliver healthcare
- Agile, yet thoughtful and can work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Constantly seeking ways to simplify and improve how things are done, bringing a positive attitude to challenges
- Team-first and lead with humility, setting the tone for others to do the same
- Accountable, holding yourself and others to a high standard and seek to support and develop others
- Willing to roll up your sleeves, bringing a high work ethic and strong collaboration skills to work effectively with people of all backgrounds
- Concise and articulate, drive towards clarity and deliver on your commitments
At Hopscotch Health, we embrace diversity, invest in a culture of inclusion and positivity and encourage all to apply to join our team. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.