Certified Medical Assistant
About Hopscotch Health
At Hopscotch Health, we believe great healthcare should be accessible to all people across all communities. Today, almost 20% of Americans live in a rural community, yet only 11% of physicians practice in those same communities. We are on a mission to transform healthcare in rural America. We provide high-quality primary care tailored to meet the needs of our patients through our robust care model and comprehensive care team, delivering care in our clinics, and across settings, and wrapping resources around the patients who need them most.
Our patients and the care teams who serve them sit at the center of everything we do at Hopscotch. Hopscotch Health takes a team approach to serve patient needs and provide the best care possible. Our goal is to provide the care each of us would want for ourselves or for our family members, in the right setting, and at the right time.
Today, we are serving thousands of patients in our value-based care model and the number is growing every day. If you want to bring your experience, skill and passion to make a lasting impact in healthcare, we’d like to meet you.
About the Role
Hopscotch takes a team approach to serve patient needs and provide the best care possible. Our goal is to provide the care each of us would want for ourselves or for our family members, in the right setting and at the right time. The Hopscotch Care Team is responsible for delivering high-touch, high-quality care to patients, including coordination of care across different physicians and within the healthcare system.
As a Certified Medical Assistant, you will play a critical role on the Care team for Hopscotch to serve our patients, enable patient outcomes and create a positive patient experience. As part of the Care team, this professional will be one of the first individuals to engage the patients during a clinic visit and will work across the team to communicate, identify patient needs and execute on care plans to ensure patient care is delivered.
This is a full-time role is based in Weaverville, NC. Hopscotch offers a strong compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K retirement benefits, career advancement opportunities, holiday and paid time off. Starting pay rate at $20 per hour.
What You'll Do
As a Certified Medical Assistant, you will provide support to the physician and care team as well as the patient to enable positive patient outcomes and a positive patient experience by end-to-end preparation for physician visit and more broadly. Specific responsibilities for this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Engage patients prior to provider visit, prepare and set expectations
- Plan for any necessary services or steps required in the clinic (e.g. flu vaccine, blood draw)
- Ensure exam rooms are clean, safe, and ready for patient visits
- Ensure efficient patient flow by preparing for the visit, rooming patients in a timely manner, getting necessary information, and assisting the provider with staying timely on their schedule
- Obtain vital signs, patient status and needs, and review medications
- Collects phlebotomy and other lab specimens; performs basic waived lab tests.
- Deliver patient screenings per protocols and assists physician as needed
- Provide patient care in line with training, certification and regulations (e.g. vaccine administration)
- Catalogs and communicates patient needs to the PCP and broader Care team
- Supports other diagnostic and care needs for the patient, in collaboration with Care team
- As directed and in line with certification, supports pharmacy medication dispensing
- Schedule diagnostic testing
- Apply or assist with application for Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
You will also collaborate with the Care team and provide support to patients, as needed, outside of the provider visit including:
- Provide telephonic support to patients, in line with protocols and physician direction
- Participate in care team meetings to discuss patient care and clinical operations
The role also requires support maintenance of the clinic, including equipment and facility upkeep including:
- Order supplies and stock exam rooms
- Conduct routine quality control checks, including infection control measures, equipment QAs, and check for expired medication and supplies
You would be a great fit for this position if you have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent education (GED)
- Graduated from a nationally accredited Medical Assistant program OR comparable healthcare vocational training (i.e. foreign-trained physician, paramedic, etc.)
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience in the healthcare industry, preferably as a Medical Assistant, Patient Care Technician or similar in a hospital, medical clinic or comparable environment OR documented clinical rotation training can be substituted for work experience
- Certification in BLS (including CPR)
- Experience with an EMR and similar technology
- EMR experience and proficiency required
- Certification as a Phlebotomy Technician (preferred)
- US work authorization
Additional skills and capabilities required:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- High emotional intelligence and strong collaboration skills with a passion for patient care
- Positive and energetic attitude with a solutions-oriented mindset and a flexible approach to working
- High attention to detail, organization, coordination and planning skills
From a cultural perspective, you:
- Create a culture of excellence, by bringing your best and encouraging the same from those around you
- Put service to patients first and encourage the same of those around you
- Take ownership and accountability for your work and for delivering results for patients
- Assume the best in others and bring solutions to challenges with a focus on moving forward together
- Show an active commitment to the team by collaborating and communicating proactively
- Demonstrate a dedication to continuous improvement, in clinical and cultural settings
At Hopscotch Health, we embrace diversity, invest in a culture of inclusion and positivity and encourage all to apply to join our team. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Something looks off?