Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
About Hopscotch Health
At Hopscotch Health, we believe great healthcare should be accessible to all people across all communities. Today, almost 20% of Americans live in a rural community, yet only 11% of physicians practice in those same communities. We are on a mission to transform healthcare in rural America. We provide high-quality primary care tailored to meet the needs of our patients through our robust care model and comprehensive care team, delivering care in our clinics, and across settings, and wrapping resources around the patients who need them most.
Our patients and the care teams who serve them sit at the center of everything we do at Hopscotch. Hopscotch Health takes a team approach to serve patient needs and provide the best care possible. Our goal is to provide the care each of us would want for ourselves or for our family members, in the right setting, and at the right time.
Today, we are serving thousands of patients in our value-based care model and the number is growing every day. If you want to bring your experience, skill and passion to make a lasting impact in healthcare, we’d like to meet you.
About the Role
We are seeking a dynamic and highly motivated individual to join the Finance & Corporate Development team as a Senior Analyst. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting our financial planning & analysis initiatives, building out management reporting and monthly operating reports as well as partnering with key stakeholders across the company to facilitate data-driven decision making.
This person will play a pivotal role in helping build out Hopscotch Health’s finance function, as well as its overarching strategy. You will be part of a passionate and collaborative team committed to working together to realize Hopscotch Health’s ambitious and important mission.
This role will report to the Sr. Associate, Strategic Finance and be based in Chicago, IL with a 3-day a week, in-office requirement.
Specific responsibilities will include (but are not limited to:
- Financial Reporting
- Assist in the monthly reporting of financial results by updating management reporting models with actual results and preparing monthly operating review presentation documents for leadership.
- Work directly with the accounting team to automate month-end close processes by providing expense allocation assumptions, expense accruals, and intercompany reclasses in support of management reporting.
- Become a subject matter expert in our financial ERP system, NetSuite, helping to build custom reporting templates, performing variance analysis, and working to integrate the platform across the organization.
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Support Strategic Finance team with the development of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) process by working closely with cross functional teams to understand key assumptions and inputs.
- Assist with quarterly reforecasting, revising assumptions to help provide an updated view on the business to leadership.
- Analyze historical financial and operational performance through review and development of key KPI reports as well as detailed financials. Make recommendations to improve performance based on processes and key drivers.
- Decision Support
- Serve as a finance partner for one or several corporate functions: Marketing, Operations, People, Real Estate, Technology, etc. to help them manage within their financial targets and drive better efficiency with data-driven analysis.
- Help develop and maintain various financial models to support strategic initiatives.
You’ll be a great fit for this position if you have at least 2 years of experience across corporate finance, accounting, or investment banking. You also have a proven track record demonstrating:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or economics.
- Strong grasp on financial accounting and the relationships between financial statements.
- Experience with ERP systems such as NetSuite, Oracle EPM, SAP, JDE, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and financial modeling, including scenario analysis and the ability to manipulate, analyze, and interpret data.
- Prior experience in healthcare a plus (not required).
- Self-starter who will anticipate challenges and work proactively to resolve issues.
- Comfortable working within an entrepreneurial “roll-up your sleeves” environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
From a cultural perspective, you are:
- Committed to excellence and bring a growth mindset to everything you do
- Patient- and mission-focused, with a passion for healthcare and service to the providers who deliver healthcare.
- Agile, yet thoughtful and can work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Constantly seeking ways to simplify and improve how things are done, bringing a positive attitude to challenges
- Team-first and lead with humility, setting the tone for others to do the same.
- Accountable, holding yourself and others to a high standard and seek to support and develop others.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves, bringing a high work ethic and strong collaboration skills to work effectively with people of all backgrounds.
- Concise and articulate, drive towards clarity and deliver on your commitments.
At Hopscotch Health, we embrace diversity, invest in a culture of inclusion and positivity and encourage all to apply to join our team. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Something looks off?