About Hopscotch Health
At Hopscotch Health, we believe great healthcare should be accessible to all people across all communities. Today, almost 20% of Americans live in a rural community, yet only 11% of physicians practice in those same communities. We are on a mission to transform healthcare in rural America. We provide high-quality primary care tailored to meet the needs of our patients through our robust care model and comprehensive care team, delivering care in our clinics, and across settings, and wrapping resources around the patients who need them most.
Our patients and the care teams who serve them sit at the center of everything we do at Hopscotch. Hopscotch Health takes a team approach to serve patient needs and provide the best care possible. Our goal is to provide the care each of us would want for ourselves or for our family members, in the right setting, and at the right time.
Today, we are serving thousands of patients in our value-based care model and the number is growing every day. If you want to bring your experience, skill and passion to make a lasting impact in healthcare, we’d like to meet you.
About the Role
At Hopscotch Health, we take a team approach to serve patient needs and provide the best care possible. Our goal is to provide the care each of us would want for ourselves or for our family members, in the right setting and at the right time. The Hopscotch Care Team is responsible for delivering high-touch, high-quality care to patients, including coordination of care across different physicians and within the healthcare system.
As the Welcome Coordinator you will serve as the initial point of contact when patients enter the practice. With the goal of championing an accessible and patient-centered clinic experience, you will set the tone of warmth and caring while managing phone and electronic communication, reception, appointment scheduling and front office operations.
This position is based in Brevard, NC.
What You'll Do
As the Welcome Coordinator, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Greet and check patients in and out
- Verify insurance and collect copays
- Maintain multiple schedules
- Verify and update patient information in the electronic health record
- Assist patients with forms and paperwork
- Schedule patients and conduct outreach to them
- Coordinate transportation for patients
- Prepare and process medical records
- Answer calls, take messages, and distribute communication across the care team via phone and electronic health record.
- Other duties as assigned
You would be a great fit for this position if you have previous clerical experience in a medical office setting with:
- 1-2 years minimum experience in a customer service and customer-facing role
- A kind and positive attitude with passion for helping others
- Proficiency with computers
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
Additional skills and requirements for the role:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Desire to improve patient access to care and providing a warm and caring clinic experience
- Proven reliability, organization, and dependability
- A team player, happy to do what it takes to support their team-mates
- Ability to travel within Western North Carolina, working across clinics
- US work authorization
From a cultural perspective, you:
- Agile, yet thoughtful and can work effectively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Constantly seeking ways to simplify and improve how things are done, bringing a positive attitude to challenges
- Accountable, holding yourself and others to a high standard and seek to support and develop others
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to support the work required and collaborate effectively with people of all backgrounds
- Concise and articulate, drive towards clarity and deliver on your commitments
- Collaborative, assuming positive intentions
- Customer-focused, with a passion for serving patients and providers who make healthcare possible
At Hopscotch Health, we embrace diversity, invest in a culture of inclusion and positivity and encourage all to apply to join our team. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Something looks off?