Product Development Manager
Hill House Home
As part of the Product Development team, you will manage the Product Development and Production (full product life cycle) across all existing and potential product categories. You will partner with the Design, Merchandising and Technical Design teams as well as Factories & Fabric Mills to ensure the quality of product from initial proto to bulk production.
This role will support the execution of product strategies for the brand. This will create the best overall value in terms of product, price, lead-time and quality.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage products from initial concept through ex-factory of finished goods
- Support & deliver the brand’s standards across development, delivery, quality, testing, compliance and competitive cost.
- Create and Manage Calendars and lead team towards deadlines
- Risk Assessment: Identify and support resolution for development and bulk production issues
- Collaborate with designers and Product Development in identifying core, key, and novelty fabrics that provide flexibility
- Assist in fabric management, including outreaching to strategic fabric mills for sourcing and counter sourcing, organizing seasonal fabric libraries, maintaining fabric charts, following up with mills and factories to ensure yardage is being ordered in a timely fashion.
- Supporting design when needed for component sourcing such as embellishments, labels and hangtags.
- Communicate risks to all cross functional teams such as late sample arrivals.
- Assist with PO Issuance and maintenance
- Ability to adjust to changing business needs and priorities and effectively communicate this to vendors
- Work with design team and technical design team to collaboratively resolve issues with styles during fittings
- Bring technical understanding of garments and fabrics to the team
- Develop and maintain deep understanding of vendor capabilities and leverage knowledge to lead the team to develop the best possible product within vendor limitations.
- Ensure Development execution is in accordance with allocation, sourcing & brand strategies.
- Assist with sending PO’s to vendors and confirming vendors are in receipt of all orders
- On-going confirmation of ex-factory dates to ensure delivery is maintained.
- Must have 5-7 years of experience
- Preference for Product Development or Textile Development or Fashion degree
- Be a subject matter expert in one or more of Hill House Home’s existing product categories
- Experience managing apparel product development throughout the full product life cycle, from initial concept to production.
- Strong communication, influencing and cross-functional team collaboration skills; ability to work closely with Design, Technical Design and Merchandising Teams.
- High degree of flexibility, initiative and ownership
- Strong organizational skills with detailed attention to product information
- Strong communication, project management and computer skills
- Ability to prioritize and willingness to communicate as needed with vendors to resolve urgent matters
- Embraces a culture of learning and advocacy
- Has lived experiences with people from different backgrounds and diverse teams
- Proven ability to quickly pivot and problem solve utilizing innovative solutions