Director of Demand Generation
Hearth is a Fintech company helping home improvement contractors grow and manage their business. Our SaaS platform provides over 14,000 contractors the financial tools they need to close more business, including financing solutions, invoicing, payment collections, insurance products, all in one, modern system designed specifically for the home improvement industry.
Backed by 8VC, Founders Fund, and other prominent leaders in Silicon Valley, Hearth has raised over $50M and is one of the fastest growing companies in the home improvement space.
Hearth is looking for a Director of Demand Generation to provide end-to-end ownership of the pre-revenue marketing funnel. Reporting into the VP of marketing, this role will manage a multi-million dollar budget and will have a significant impact on the company’s trajectory. If you love SMBs, obsess about performance (CAC, MQLs, conversion, etc), and want to build a world class function in a massive new industry, this is the role for you.
- What you’ll do
- Drive revenue growth by owning all aspects of the contractor acquisition funnel including performance, organic, and integrated marketing channels
- Test and optimize our existing channels to deliver a “step function” change in the existing return on ad spend
- Oversee performance tracking and calibration on a daily basis to drive decision making around budget allocations and forecasts
- Partner with Analytics organization to build reports, attribution frameworks, and analysis necessary for forecasting and evaluating the performance of campaigns and channels
- Identify, test, and scale new acquisition channels + growth strategies that dive sustainable revenue for Hearth
- Set and deliver on KPIs for lead count and efficiency (ROAS, CAC/LTV, etc)
- Work closely with executives and teams across Sales, Marketing, Product, Partnerships, Finance to increase conversion and set targets
- Manage relationships with agencies and contractors to provide agile methods to test and scale your efforts
- Evaluate, select, and manage software vendors across your marketing stack
- Clearly communicate strategy and results across the organization to display impact and get buy in for new experiments
- Establish Demand Generation as a function at Hearth with the opportunity to build a team after validating your growth strategies (prior management experience is a plus)
- Who you are
- Customers come first. Your marketing is rooted in a desire to deeply understand and serve our contractors
- You’re analytical. You eat, sleep, and breathe performance metrics and care deeply about hitting targets. You see the big picture, but aren’t afraid to dive into the weeds to understand what’s actually happening.
- You have a growth mindset. You’re low ego and realize that every problem is actually an opportunity to improve in the long run.
- You’re self motivated, comfortable working in a fast paced startup environment, and thrive in a remote, low structure environment.
- 6-8+ years of B2B or multi-sided marketplace marketing experience at high growth technology companies with a $M+ marketing budget
- SMB SaaS experience, specifically for ACVs of $1-5K (and/or targeting SMBs $250k-5M in revenue, approximately 1-20 employees)
- Deep experience managing and launching multiple channels such as Paid Search, Paid Social, Email, Referrals, Affiliates, Evangelism, Influencers/Podcasts, Content Marketing, Community Marketing, etc
- Proven track record of increasing performance marketing ROI (ROAS or CAC/LTV) as well as as establishing and growing new channels to meaningful volume
- Hands-on experience with digital marketing tools such as Google Analytics/Marketing Platform, Marketo, Amplitude, Mixpanel, Mode, Looker, etc or equivalents (with strong opinions on your tools of choice)
The expected compensation range for this position is displayed in compliance with all local/state regulations. The expected compensation range for this position is based on a number of factors, including but not limited to: individual education, qualifications, and prior work experience. The total annual compensation package will consist of a base salary and eligibility to participate in our bonus structure.
More About Us
Hearth embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Something looks off?