Machine Learning Operations
Gusto is looking for a strong ML Operations engineer to join our Data Science team and build out our Machine Learning environment.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
About the Role
The Machine Learning Operations Engineer role is a software development role on our Data Science team who brings with them knowledge of system architectures critical to running and optimizing Machine Learning processes. The ideal candidate is passionate about developing software, developing and documenting optimal processes, working with data, and understanding the needs of end users.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Drive core components of our MLOps technical roadmap to design and build MLOps solutions with automated pipelines and standardized processes to build, deploy, run, monitor, debug, and retrain ML Models.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance frameworks for machine learning model development and deployment.
- Collaborate with the ML model builders and application owners to determine business requirements and SLAs for API-enabled services.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance infrastructure supporting machine learning services.
- Support the development of new patterns for the deployment of machine learning models with CI/CD pipelines and automated testing.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- At least 3 years of software engineering experience (Python, Ruby or Java).
- Demonstrated experience architecting and developing services for machine learning models.
- Experience with at least one of the major cloud platforms (AWS preferred but not required).
- Experience with MLOps tooling such as KubeFlow, AWS Sagemaker, MlFlow, or similar.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $150,000-$171,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, $130,000-$149,000/yr CAD in British Columbia and Ontario, and $181,000-$207,000/yr for San Francisco. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Something looks off?