Senior Software Engineer
We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to on-boarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
Greenhouse is searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team!
We provide stability, product development best practices, and an environment where every engineer directly impacts the success of our software. As a member of the engineering team, you will be the driver of a swift software release cycle and be able to select which projects you’ll work on based on their value added. Every engineer is given the reigns to continuously iterate on the Greenhouse platform, improve our codebase's long-term quality, and empower the team to develop and grow.
Learn more about our engineering culture here!
Who will love this job:
- A standout colleague – you thrive off of developing and supporting your peers and junior teammates; no job is too small for you
- A doer – you get things done, you move quickly, and you love working in a dynamic environment
- A problem solver – you not only think about the bigger picture but can also connect the dots and dedicatedly resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- An excellent communicator – you have a knack for explaining technical processes concisely (even to non-engineers), and work well with cross-functional internal teams
What you’ll do:
- Write clear and concise production code for the Greenhouse Recruiting platform
- Provide useful and constructive feedback by reviewing others’ work
- Deliver new features by regularly collaborating with Product Managers, Designers, and other software engineers
- Set consistent standards for code; testing and fixing bugs throughout the process
- Work with internal product teams on defining product roadmaps, specifications, and priorities
- Establish processes that will improve Greenhouse’s code quality
You should have:
- Experience in writing production code (required)
- Experience working in the full-stack
- Experience with Rails or another web-based framework, nice to have
- Experience with Sidekiq/Redis/Queue’s
- Experience with Postgres
- Passion for working in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your cover letter.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada as of the start date chosen by the Company.
For purposes of processing or administering your employment relationship, personal information that you provide to the Company may be transferred to and accessed by an affiliate in the United States or elsewhere, or to agents and contractors (such as payroll companies, insurance companies, information technology consultants, etc.) that provide services to the Company.
The national pay range for this role is $142,500 - $158,650 annually. Individual compensation will be commensurate with the candidate's experience and local cost of labor. Certain roles may be eligible for additional compensation, including stock option awards, bonuses, and merit increases. Additionally, certain roles have the opportunity to receive sales commissions that are based on the terms of the sales commission plan applicable to the role.
Who we are
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. We’ve won numerous awards including Inc. Magazine Best Workplace (2018-2022), Glassdoor #1 Best Place to Work, Forbes Cloud 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 5000, Crain’s Best Places to Work NYC, Fortune’s Great Place to Work (2019 - 2022), and Mogul’s Top 100 Workplaces for Diverse Representation (2022). We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to executive "Ask Me Anything" sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
Greenhouse provides a variety of benefits to employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, basic life insurance, mental health resources, financial wellness benefits, and a fully paid parental leave program. For US-based employees, we offer short-term and long-term disability coverage, a 401(k) plan and company match. U.S. based employees also receive, per calendar year, up to 13 scheduled paid holidays and up to 80 hours of paid sick leave. Non-exempt employees accrue up to 20-25 days of paid vacation time, depending on tenure, and exempt employees have unlimited paid time off (PTO). For Ireland-based employees, we offer 25 days' vacation and an employer matching pension program.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.
Want to learn more about our interviewing process? Check out our interviewing at Greenhouse page
**We are a distributed company and do our best work where it works best for us - as individuals and as teams. Our regional headquarters are based in New York (North America) and Dublin (Europe), but our employees are distributed across the US, Canada, and Ireland. **
Our Talent Acquisition (TA) team at Greenhouse has recently been notified of a phishing scam targeting candidates applying for our open roles. Scammers have been posing as hiring managers and recruiters in an effort to access candidates’ personal and financial information. Please note that any communication from our hiring teams at Greenhouse regarding a job opportunity will only be made by a Greenhouse employee with an @greenhouse.io email address. We would never ask you as part of our interview process to provide personal or financial information, including but not limited to your social security number, online account passwords, credit card numbers, passport information and other related banking information. If you believe you’ve been a victim of a phishing attack, please mark the communication as “spam” and alert us right away at .