Based in Washington, DC, Quorum is a fast-growing software company and is the leading provider of workflow software and information services for government affairs professionals across the corporations, non-profits, associations, and governmental end-markets. Quorum allows users to manage stakeholder engagement, launch grassroots advocacy campaigns, and track legislative activity at all levels of government, including federal, state and local.
Quorum provides mission-critical solutions to public affairs professionals for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and 30+ countries around the globe. Quorum serves over 2,000 customers globally including over 50% of the Fortune 100, and has over 350 team members across the globe. The company recently acquired Capitol Canary, a market leader in grassroots advocacy software.
As a Sales Engineer, you will report to the Sales Engineering Manager in order to drive improved win rates in all prospect segments. You will be responsible for supporting the pre-sales process in the Business Development department by working alongside the Account Executives' on calls and product demonstrations to conduct technical and complex use case discovery in Quorum’s consultative sales process. You will also serve as a product expert, assist in product training, along with other projects and support the development of the Sales Engineering function at Quorum as opportunities may arise.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You will get to know the Sales Engineering Team.
- First Month: You will complete onboarding successfully and begin joining pre-sales calls.
- First Six Months: You will become fully confident on external facing calls positively influencing business development metrics, take ownership of departmental projects, and support enablement and upskilling of BD team members.
- First Year: You will meaningfully contribute to the scaling of the sales engineering team and be involved in cross-departmental efforts to improve Quorum’s market position.
- You are a Quorum power user with a deep understanding and expertise in creative and best practices on how to use the platform. You are excited to share your knowledge with potential clients OR you have a high degree of comfort using and understanding complex software platforms, and high technical aptitude.
- You are a demonstrated coaching with a strong track record of directly training, helping to train users or using Quorum solutions.
- You are a strong, agile presenter with high attention to detail and the ability to synthesize information into easily digestible formats to help sales reps succeed.
- You have the ability to synthesize complex techniques and relay information in a manner that is simple for a non-technical audience to interpret.
- You get excited to uncover pain points with prospects and show solutions functionality based on value.
- You enjoy building strong relationships and rapport, internally and externally, in a limited number of interactions.
- You have a demonstrated track record of directly training, helping to train users or using Quorum solutions.
- You are comfortable learning and communicating about technical solutions including but not limited to integrations, FTPs, and APIs in a sales environment.
- You are ready to join an enthusiastic and growing sales engineering team!
About the Business Development Team
- We are proud to serve as the first-impression about what it is like to work with Quorum.
- We strive to understand our buyers’ challenges and recommend the best possible solutions that enable them to achieve their goals.
- We earn clients’ trust by taking an intentionally respectful approach to competition.
- We foster a supportive environment where peer-to-peer feedback helps drive personal and professional growth.
- We work hard to serve as thought leaders in the public affairs industry, which means that we regularly follow political news, government affairs trends, and read case studies.
- We understand and appreciate that our work is a critical driver for annual company growth.
Our Work Environment:
- Quorum is a hybrid company headquartered in Washington, DC with team members working in Quorum’s office, in hybrid, and fully remote arrangements.
- Our vibrant, sunlight, open-concept office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
- On Target Earnings: $110,000-$130,000 (OTE expectations dependent upon base salary)
- Base Salary: $80,000-$90,000 (commensurate with experience)
- Variable Compensation: $30,000-$40,000 Annual performance bonus paid out quarterly
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Company holidays plus additional company-wide days off for team members to rest and recharge
- Four Day Weekends for President’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Invest in Yourself Days - one designated day per quarter is dedicated to your professional development!
- One-time Work from Home Stipend
- 401k match
- Choice of trans-inclusive medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Bright sunlit open office concept with your own dedicated desk (if you want it)
- Inclusion & Diversity Affinity Groups to support belonging
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that advances pay equity, Quorum has implemented a “No Negotiation” policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the Sales Engineer role cannot negotiate Quorum’s base salary offer.
Here’s our promise to you:
- We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
- We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
- We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a “No Negotiation” policy of some type, here are a few resources: Project Include, AAUW, Ministry for Women, Magoosh.
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.
We comply with all requirements for US government federal contractors issued by the OFCCP, IFR, and the terms of our government contracts.