Director of User Experience
Based in Washington, DC, Quorum is a fast-growing software company and is the leading provider of workflow software and information services for government affairs professionals across the corporations, non-profits, associations, and governmental end-markets. Quorum allows users to manage stakeholder engagement, launch grassroots advocacy campaigns, and track legislative activity at all levels of government, including federal, state and local.
Quorum provides mission-critical solutions to public affairs professionals for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and 30+ countries around the globe. Quorum serves over 2,000 customers globally including over 50% of the Fortune 100, and has over 350 team members across the globe. The company recently acquired Capitol Canary, a market leader in grassroots advocacy software.
As the Director of User Experience, you’ll be responsible for the overall quality of the user experience of our products and will be directly responsible for the day-to-day operations of our five-person UX Design and UX research team. As a member of the leadership team for our product & technology organization, you’ll report directly to our CPO and work closely with designers, product managers, and engineers to implement your team’s design vision. This role is a player-coach role where you’ll both manage and coach individual designers and directly participate in the process of improving the usability and user experience of our products.
- You have at least six (6) years of full-time professional experience working in software and digital product design (e.g., UX/UI Designer, Product Designer) at a software company or design agency where software product design is a core function.
- You have at least three (3) years of experience managing or directing teams of product designers.
- You have a strong, up-to-date online professional portfolio showcasing at least three (3) case studies explaining why and how you have solved product design challenges.
- You have experience coordinating with large teams of engineers, designers, and product managers to make your design vision a reality.
- You have experience managing and implementing centralized design systems to standardize visual look and feel and increase developer productivity.
- You have strong communications and interpersonal skills – with the ability to manage stakeholder expectations and lead and influence multiple cross-functional teams.
- You think intentionally about stakeholder management and building consensus for your ideas across multiple functions.
- And, of course, you take pride in designing beautiful and functional products.
About the Product Design Team
- We’re a fast-growing team that is ultimately responsible for the quality of the user experience across all of our products. We ensure that users have an easy and beautiful experience when they’re engaging with our systems, and we support the product and engineering teams to help make building highly usable UIs easy.
- We partner closely with the Product Management team and work with them to understand customer and market needs and to design and deliver world-class solutions that meet those needs.
- We’re very close as a team and invest not only in each others’ skills and careers but also in building real relationships with one another: product development is a team sport and we believe that it’s better (and more fun) to work on a team of people that you know well and care about.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You’ll learn about Quorum’s many products, users, and the public affairs world. You’ll start learning about the User Experience team’s people and processes and how they fit into the broader Development team.
- First Month: You’ll take over the day-to-day management of the User Experience team and invest in improving the people and processes that make the Product Design team work.
- First Six Months: You’ll supervise the finalization of the design system across all of Quorum’s platforms and the full implementation of standardized look and feel along with improved UX of all our user-facing systems.
- First Year: You’ll take ownership of the overall vision of the UX of all of Quorum’s products and spearhead a significant increase in usability for our customers.
Our Work Environment
- We are a hybrid team with flexible work options: work remotely or choose to come into our vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office in Washington DC.
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office - both together and remote, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, virtual art classes and wine tasting.
We comply with all requirements for US government federal contractors issued by the OFCCP, IFR, and the terms of our government contracts.