Based in Washington, D.C., Quorum is a fast-growing software company and is the leading provider of workflow software and information services for government affairs professionals across the corporations, non-profits, associations, and governmental end-markets. Quorum allows users to manage stakeholder engagement, launch grassroots advocacy campaigns, and track legislative activity at all levels of government, including federal, state and local.
Quorum provides mission-critical solutions to public affairs professionals for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and 30+ countries around the globe. Quorum serves over 2,000 customers globally including over 50% of the Fortune 100, and has over 350 team members across the globe. The company recently acquired Capitol Canary, a market leader in grassroots advocacy software.
As a QA Engineer, you will perform both manual and automated tests, ensuring the quality of our system. You must participate in the entire Kanplan process with your team, giving your opinion, suggestions and improvements to our system.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You will familiarize yourself with the organization’s systems and processes.
- First Month: You will run tests for your team and participate in all development processes.
- First Six Months: You will take ownership in doing API testing and test automation. You will also design, implement, execute and assess software quality through manual test cases.
- First Year: You will continue to report, document and track resolutions for defects identified in the testing process to ensure product quality.
- You have more 1+ years of experience in Quality Assurance.
- You are highly motivated to take care of the quality of our system.
- You care deeply about ensuring fewer bugs make it into production.
- You are excited to find solutions and share them with the team.
- You are naturally curious and you are willing to learn automation.
- You have knowledge in API testing and have database knowledge.
- You have the desire to understand test automation - preferably Cypress.
About the Software Development Team
- We're a fast-growing team that is dedicated to improving our people, processes, and platform. The team is primarily structured in product-oriented squads.
- We support many different products but internally think of them as one system with a single unified codebase. Our goal is to build centralized systems that handle complex problems for multiple features and products.
- We’re focused on doing the important things the right way -- we write solid documentation, test our code well, design for scale, and follow defined software development processes.
- We follow best-in-class security practices to safeguard our data and application against bad actors. We regularly test and update processes and technology to fight complacency, because we know good security is a continuous effort.
- We curate high-quality datasets that are essential for effective mapping and tracking of the government and public affairs spaces. Our datasets underpin our promise to give users the information necessary to make smart decisions that influence policy.
- We set rigorous quality standards and monitor them with a mix of programmatic and manual verifications to ensure users maintain a high degree of trust in our systems.
- We’re very close as a team and invest not only in each others’ skills and careers but also in building real relationships with one another: product development is a team sport and we believe that it’s better (and more fun) to work on a team of people that you know well and care about.
Our Work Environment:
- We are a remote-first team with flexible work options: work remotely, or you may choose to come into our office in Belo Horizonte.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office - both together and remote, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, virtual art classes and wine tasting.
If you'd like to have a big impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- Standard Brazil Holidays
- Monthly Work from Home Stipend
- Mental and Dental Care by SulAmérica
- Monthly Professional Development/Mental Health stipend
- Subscription to Alura learning platform
- Alelo Food Voucher
- Incompany English classes with a native speaker teacher
- Free Subscription to the Calm app
- Invest in Yourself Days - one Friday per quarter is dedicated to your professional development!
- Bi-annual Hackathons
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Bright sunlit open office concept with your dedicated desk (if you want it)
- Inclusion & Diversity Affinity Groups to support belonging
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- CLT Working Contract.
Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that advances pay equity, Quorum has implemented a “No Negotiation” policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the QA Engineer role cannot negotiate Quorum’s base salary offer.
Here’s our promise to you:
- We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
- We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
- We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a “No Negotiation” policy of some type, here are a few resources: Project Include, AAUW, Ministry for Women, Magoosh.
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.
We comply with all requirements for US government federal contractors issued by the OFCCP, IFR, and the terms of our government contracts.