Talent & Culture Business Partner
Based in Washington, D.C., Quorum is a fast-growing software company and is the leading provider of workflow software and information services for government affairs professionals across the corporations, non-profits, associations, and governmental end-markets. Quorum allows users to manage stakeholder engagement, launch grassroots advocacy campaigns, and track legislative activity at all levels of government, including federal, state and local.
Quorum provides mission-critical solutions to public affairs professionals for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and 30+ countries around the globe. Quorum serves over 2,000 customers globally including over 50% of the Fortune 100, and has over 350 team members across the globe. The company recently acquired Capitol Canary, a market leader in grassroots advocacy software.
As our Talent & Culture Business Partner, you will report to the Senior Director of Talent and Culture and support assigned teams on various talent matters while partnering with managers to ensure appropriate people relations outcomes are addressed timely, accurately and compliant with employment laws, and aligned with our business operations. This role will lead various projects and initiatives to drive business results and talent engagement/readiness, and participate in conceptual design, piloting and executing on various T&C programs and solutions that align with business and talent objectives.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You'll learn the ins and outs of our total business solutions, gain exposure to our current company policies, review procedures/programs, get to know 9+ T&C team members and also meet with team members outside of the T&C department.
- First Month: You will connect with T&C team members to gain a solid understanding of our total business solutions, our competitive landscape, business operations/interdependencies, HR best practices and legal compliance requirements. You’ll get to know key partners across the business in order to drive the execution of T&C solutions within all departments.
- First Six Months: You’ll work with the team to coordinate company-wide programs, participate in the identification, development, implementation/management of key programs and initiatives geared towards driving business results and human capital impact. You’ll help move the needle on existing goals as it relates to improving team member engagement and serve as a business SME for others within T&C and for T&C solutions/services for designated populations. You will partner on leadership development initiatives/programs and will also work with people managers on a one-on-one basis to provide support.
- First Year: You will manage special projects as directed to further operational efficiency, drive engagement/productivity and positively contribute to organizational growth.
- You have proven success in a business environment partnering with others to drive improved outcomes for the business through human capital initiatives.
- You have strong listening skills and ability to connect varying concepts in order to provide the most appropriate coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, program management, process development, analysis and problem-solving skills.
- You can demonstrate success in building and maintaining relationships throughout varying levels and functions within an organization. You have the ability to build a strong network both inside and outside of T&C and business colleagues to better enable best practice sharing.
- You can demonstrate the ability to provide impactful consultative support to management on critical organization issues in a dispersed environment.
- You have excellent time management, attention to detail skills, and a demonstrated ability to multitask.
- You are a self-starter who holds themself accountable for delivering timely results.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, finance or related field, MBA preferred.
- You have at least two (2) plus years of experience in a consultative HR Business Partner role in a dispersed multi-state environment, applying HR strategies, programs, and system improvements. International environments and experience is preferred.
- You have a strong understanding of employment laws in a multi-state and international environment.
- It’s a plus if you hold an active HR certification: PHR, SHRM- CP, SPHR or SHRM-SCP.
- It’s a plus if you hold certifications in Korn Ferry solutions, DDI solutions or ELI solutions.
- You are able and willing to travel up to 15% as may be required.
About the Talent & Culture Team
- We take pride in keeping the metaphorical train on its track at a high-growth company.
- We are the front-line in living into Quorum's #1 value—invest in people. Our greatest asset is the people around us. We focus on building meaningful relationships with and caring for the people who inspire us: our clients, our potential clients, and our team.
- We are the resident subject matter experts on people operations.
- We believe that precedent is not best practice—we are constantly striving to improve our own workflow. In doing so, we live by Quorum’s values to Take the Lead and Own the Execution .
- We pay attention to the details and have pride in the work we do, knowing that our team helps provide peace of mind to our team members, clients, and vendors.
- We're close as a company—we work together and value each others' ideas and input.
Our Work Environment
- We are a hybrid team with flexible work options: work remotely or choose to come into our vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office in Washington DC.
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office - both together and remote, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, virtual art classes and wine tasting.
Do you want to learn what it's like to have a real impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- Base Salary: $105,000 - $115,000 (commensurate with experience)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Company holidays plus additional company-wide days off for team members to rest and recharge
- Four Day Weekends for President’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Free Subscription to the Calm app
- Invest in Yourself Days - one designated day per quarter is dedicated to your professional development!
- Monthly professional development stipend
- One-time Work from Home Stipend
- 401k match
- Choice of trans-inclusive medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options
- Access to the CIGNA Ginger App to provide behavioral health coaching, therapy, psychiatry and self-care resources
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Bright sunlit open office concept with your own dedicated desk (if you want it)
- Inclusion & Diversity Affinity Groups to support belonging
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
Something looks off?