Nurse Practitioner Temp/Locums Portland, Maine
Galileo is a team-based medical practice working to improve the quality and affordability of health care for all. Operating across 50 states, Galileo offers high-touch, data-driven, multi-specialty, longitudinal care to diverse and complex patients—on the phone, in the home, and everywhere in between. Regional and national health plans, employers, and Fortune 500 organizations trust Galileo as the leading solution to improve population health. Founded by Dr. Tom X. Lee, the healthcare pioneer behind One Medical and Epocrates, Galileo is a team of leading innovators from healthcare, technology, and human-centered design. Our mission is to apply that talent and scientific thinking to transform society by solving our largest, toughest healthcare problems, while at the same time bringing patient and provider closer.
ABOUT THE ROLE. This is a Portland based Temp/Locums position
We are looking for a Primary Care Provider established in their career with strong clinical experience in complex primary care and an interest in improving health outcomes for patients who need it the most. Unlike in traditional practices, at Galileo you’ll be given the time and tools necessary to truly solve patient issues in a proactive manner, work with an excellent team of multi-disciplinary experts, and be at the frontier of modern medicine.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Act as a key PCP on our clinical team, which provides exceptional care to cohorts of complex Medicare/Medicaid patients
- Drive ongoing improvements for our care model, optimizing outcomes while decreasing inefficiency
You are a Primary Care Provider with extensive clinical experience. You are comfortable with complex clinical and social needs and eager to care for patients both in a community environment as well as within the home.You are driven to create systems that enable personalized, empathetic care for individuals and families in the community and eager to find a modern practice that supports approaching patient care in ways that make meaningful and real impact to their lives.
The Primary Care Provider is an in-person role supporting Portland, Lewiston, Augusta, and Waterville.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following or equivalent experience:
- 5+ years of clinical experience in complex care, chronic care, and primary care as an MD/DO or PA/NP
- Active Board Certification or Board Eligible
- Innovative and creative leadership qualities
- Proven experience with successful behavior modification
- Comfort with basic procedural skills
- Ability to travel across assigned territory with reliable access to personal transportation
- For the safety of our patients and staff, employees in this role must be fully vaccinated with all necessary vaccinations. This includes a booster for a completed COVID-19 vaccination.
PA/NP $130,000-$150,000 based upon prior experience, performance, and market dynamics
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account + match
- Company paid STD/LTD, AD&D, and Life insurance
- Paid Family Leave
- 401K + match
- Paid Time Off
HOW WE HIRE
Galileo is committed to hiring the best team possible to build health care that works for everyone. We value a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds—including, but not limited to—race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status. Galileo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with a qualifying disability or conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, unless doing so would cause an undue hardship or fail to eliminate a direct threat.