Senior Electrical Engineer (Integration & Test)
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (INTEGRATION & TEST)
Freeform is deploying software-defined, autonomous metal 3D printing factories around the world, bringing the scalability of software to physical production. Our proprietary technology stack leverages advanced sensing, real-time controls, and data-driven learning to produce digitally-verified, flawless parts at unprecedented speed and cost. Our mission is to make the transformative power of 3D printing available to all industries at scale and unlock the future of innovation.
As a Senior Electrical Integration and Test Engineer at Freeform, you will contribute significantly to the effort of both R&D testing as well as manufacturing testing of Freeform’s electromechanical products. Your ownership will include test fixture design and scripting, test data management, hardware-in-the-loop (HITL), calibration systems, hardware emulators, readability testing, and much more. You will use a first-principles approach to solving problems and tackling new areas within electrical engineering that you may not have directly worked on before. The ideal candidate is capable of running projects from cradle to grave and has the ability work effectively with other engineering disciplines.
3D printing experience is not required to be successful here - rather we look for smart, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving hard problems and creating amazing technology!
- Own and develop electrical hardware end-of-line test program to improve overall hardware quality and reliability.
- Design automated test fixtures for PCBs and electromechanical assemblies.
- Develop infrastructure for test data management, status tracking and failure analysis reporting.
- Develop reliability testing program for all production-bound hardware.
- Design and own hardware-in-the-loop (HITL) testing system for software development. Design and build any necessary hardware emulators in the process.
- Own, design and maintain all calibration hardware required.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or similar engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of professional post-graduate experience with end-to-end ownership of test automation equipment or fixtures in a manufacturing or R&D environment.
- Experience with reliability engineering.
- Fluency in Python or Matlab.
- Well versed in electrical engineering fundamentals and comfortable taking a first principles approach to solving problems.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of professional experience in electrical engineering.
- Familiarity with industrial automation technologies and robotics.
- Experience with sensors, embedded microcontroller design and firmware, and FPGA hardware and software development.
- Proficiency in the web stack, networking, and Linux.
- Experience with high-speed data acquisition systems, high-accuracy motion systems, high-speed scanning systems, optomechanical assemblies, and complex electromechanical systems.
- Passion for additive manufacturing and curiosity in electronics for high-reliability applications.
- We are located in Hawthorne in a 35,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility featuring large open spaces for team collaboration, R&D, and production, as well as easy access to the 405, 105, and 110 freeways. Our facility is in the heart of Los Angeles' vibrant emerging tech ecosystem alongside many other high growth startups and enterprises.
- We have an inclusive and diverse culture that values collaboration, learning, and making deliberate data-driven decisions.
- We offer a unique opportunity to be an early and integral member of a rapidly growing company that is scaling a world-changing technology.
- Significant stock option packages
- 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (premium PPO and HMO options)
- Life insurance
- Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Relocation assistance provided
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and company holidays
- Generous Paid Parental Leave and extended transition back to work for the birthing parent
- Free daily catered lunch and dinner, and fully stocked kitchenette
- Casual dress, flexible work hours, and regular catered team building events
- As an early-stage startup, the salary range is intentionally wide as we determine the most appropriate package for each individual taking into consideration years of experience, educational background, and unique skills and abilities as demonstrated throughout the interview process. Our intent is to offer a salary that is commensurate for the company’s current stage of development and allows the employee to grow and develop within a role.
- In addition to the significant stock option package, the estimated salary range for this role is $75,000-$200,000, inclusive of all levels/seniority within this discipline.
- Freeform is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity; employment with Freeform is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?