Freeform is deploying software-defined, autonomous metal 3D printing factories around the world, bringing the scalability of software to physical production. Our proprietary technology stack leverages advanced sensing, real-time controls, and data-driven learning to produce digitally-verified, flawless parts at unprecedented speed and cost. Our mission is to make the transformative power of 3D printing available to all industries at scale and unlock the future of innovation.
As a CNC Programmer at Freeform, you will work directly with engineering to develop in-house machining capabilities to build critical parts for our advanced metal 3D printing systems. You will be responsible for programming, setting up, and running Haas CNC machines as well as improving overall machine shop operations. This is a high impact opportunity for someone who thrives in an innovative development environment and wants to be on the cutting edge of manufacturing systems.
3D printing experience is not required to be successful here - rather we look for smart, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving hard problems and creating amazing technology!
- Program Haas CNC 3-axis machines.
- Set-up, run, and operate programs on CNC machines for complex parts.
- Complete machining operations from blueprints, drawings and/or schematics under tight tolerances.
- Manually inspect parts using tools such as micrometers, thread gauges, and indicators.
- Perform machine preventative maintenance and manage cutting fluid.
- Improve machine shop operations and fabrication processes.
- 5+ years of experience in programming, setting up, and operating CNC 3-axis mills.
- Experience with MasterCAM or NX programming.
- Experience in a precision machining environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- NTMA machinist certification.
- Experience with 5-axis programming.
- Skilled with manual machining, welding, cutting, fitting and/or bending of stainless steels, aluminums, and high-strength nickel alloys.
- Experience managing machine shop operations.
- Ability to utilize power tools, hand tools, cranes, forklifts, and other heavy equipment.
- Experience with precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs unassisted.
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- We are located in Hawthorne in a 35,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility featuring large open spaces for team collaboration, R&D, and production, as well as easy access to the 405, 105, and 110 freeways. Our facility is in the heart of Los Angeles’ vibrant emerging tech ecosystem alongside many other high growth startups and enterprises.
- We have an inclusive and diverse culture that values collaboration, learning, and making deliberate data-driven decisions.
- We offer a unique opportunity to be an early and integral member of a rapidly growing company that is scaling a world-changing technology.
- Significant stock option packages
- 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (premium PPO and HMO options)
- Life insurance
- Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Relocation assistance provided
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and company holidays
- Generous Paid Parental Leave and extended transition back to work for the birthing parent
- Free daily catered lunch and dinner, and fully stocked kitchenette
- Casual dress, flexible work hours, and regular catered team building events
- As an early-stage startup, the salary range is intentionally wide as we determine the most appropriate package for each individual taking into consideration years of experience, educational background, and unique skills and abilities as demonstrated throughout the interview process. Our intent is to offer a salary that is commensurate for the company’s current stage of development and allows the employee to grow and develop within a role.
- In addition to the significant stock option package, the estimated pay range for this role is $20-$45/hour, inclusive of all levels/seniority within this discipline.
- Freeform is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity; employment with Freeform is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?