Senior Software Engineer (C++)
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (C++)
Freeform is deploying software-defined, autonomous metal 3D printing factories around the world, bringing the scalability of software to physical production. Our proprietary technology stack leverages advanced sensing, real-time controls, and data-driven learning to produce digitally verified, flawless parts at unprecedented speed and cost. Our mission is to make the transformative power of 3D printing available to all industries at scale and unlock the future of innovation.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Freeform, you will be responsible for architecting, developing, and maintaining critical software systems for our autonomous 3D printing factories, which includes controls, data acquisition/storage systems, and input geometry processing pipelines. Ultimately, your solutions will enable the first production scale, high quality, and fully automated metal 3D printing factory capabilities. As a crucial member of the engineering team, you will be responsible for driving the pace of innovation, maximizing development speed, and maintaining a standard of excellence within the entire engineering team.
- Architect and develop software for an advanced, production-scale metal 3D printing system
- Work with process, control, and mechanical engineers to integrate control algorithms into production software
- Improve and scale out high-rate data acquisition, storage, and retrieval systems
- Implement processes for converting customer part geometries into machine print instructions
- Expand testing, continuous integration, and continuous deployment support throughout the software engineering team
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- Proficiency in writing production code in C++
- Experience with modern continuous integration and continuous deployment tools
- Experience working in a Linux environment
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in computer science or computer engineering
- 10+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience interfacing with microcontrollers or FPGA computing hardware
- Experience developing embedded or real-time software systems
- Experience writing software for industrial automation systems, robotics, or related hardware
- We are located in Hawthorne, CA in a 35,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility featuring large open spaces for team collaboration, R&D, and production, as well as easy access to the 405, 105, and 110 freeways. Our facility is in the heart of Los Angeles' vibrant emerging tech ecosystem alongside many other high growth startups and enterprises.
What We Offer:
- We have an inclusive and diverse culture that values collaboration, learning, and making deliberate data-driven decisions.
- We offer a unique opportunity to be an early and integral member of a rapidly growing company that is scaling world-changing technology.
- Significant stock option packages
- 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (premium PPO and HMO options)
- Life insurance
- Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Relocation assistance provided
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and company holidays
- Generous Paid Parental Leave and extended transition back to work for the birthing parent
- Free daily catered lunch and dinner, and fully stocked kitchenette
- Casual dress, flexible work hours, and regular catered team building events
- As a growing company, the salary range is intentionally wide as we determine the most appropriate package for each individual taking into consideration years of experience, educational background, and unique skills and abilities as demonstrated throughout the interview process. Our intent is to offer a salary that is commensurate for the company’s current stage of development and allows the employee to grow and develop within a role.
- In addition to the significant stock option package, the estimated salary range for this role is $140,000-$250,000, inclusive of all levels/seniority within this discipline.
- Freeform is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity; employment with Freeform is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.