Senior Factory Infrastructure Engineer
SENIOR FACTORY INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Freeform is deploying software-defined, autonomous metal 3D printing factories around the world, bringing the scalability of software to physical production. Our proprietary technology stack leverages advanced sensing, real-time controls, and data-driven learning to produce digitally-verified, flawless parts at unprecedented speed and cost. Our mission is to make the transformative power of 3D printing available to all industries at scale and unlock the future of innovation.
In this role, you will play a critical role in the design, development, and operation of the infrastructure that powers Freeform’s autonomous metal 3D printing factories. You will work with the engineering and production teams to create custom solutions ranging from industrial power and HVAC systems, fluid systems, powder management systems, and clean rooms to support both R&D and manufacturing efforts. We are looking for someone proactive who can identify areas for improvement, and someone with the hands-on ability to troubleshoot and repair complex systems. You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic engineering environment where your solutions directly accelerate the pace of innovation. You will need a “no job too big or small” mentality and must be dedicated to the success of your peers and the company.
- Design and implement custom infrastructure for R&D and manufacturing facilities including state-of-the art electronics lab, materials and process lab, production lines, fabrication capabilities, etc.
- Manage, coordinate, and perform hands-on execution of facilities projects, including capital equipment installation, construction, and maintenance operations
- Ensure power, lighting, and industrial gases are supplied to the facility and following proper safety code
- Define and implement preventive maintenance for facilities equipment to optimize operational efficiency
- Proactively work to ensure Freeform’s facility has state of the art amenities that increase employees’ rate of innovation and provide a positive workplace experience
- Ensure supplies are always in stock for all necessary company operations including tools, raw materials, heavy equipment, etc.
- 5+ years of facilities or factory engineering experience
- Experience working in a hardware engineering or manufacturing environment
- Experience with fluid systems, high power electrical systems, and/or automation systems
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering highly preferred
- Experience with Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) practices
- Experience developing infrastructure for high volume production
- Experience with new facility buildouts
- Knowledge of ITAR, ISO, and/or similar compliance standards
- Experience with metal additive manufacturing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- We are located in Hawthorne, CA in a 35,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility featuring large open spaces for team collaboration, R&D, and production, as well as easy access to the 405, 105, and 110 freeways. Our facility is in the heart of Los Angeles' vibrant emerging tech ecosystem alongside many other high growth startups and enterprises.
What We Offer:
- We have an inclusive and diverse culture that values collaboration, learning, and making deliberate data-driven decisions.
- We offer a unique opportunity to be an early and integral member of a rapidly growing company that is scaling a world-changing technology.
- Significant stock option packages
- 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (premium PPO and HMO options)
- Life insurance
- Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Relocation assistance provided
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and company holidays
- Generous Paid Parental Leave and extended transition back to work for the birthing parent
- Free daily catered lunch and dinner, and fully stocked kitchenette
- Casual dress, flexible work hours, and regular catered team building events
- As a growing company, the salary range is intentionally wide as we determine the most appropriate package for each individual taking into consideration years of experience, educational background, and unique skills and abilities as demonstrated throughout the interview process. Our intent is to offer a salary that is commensurate for the company’s current stage of development and allows the employee to grow and develop within a role.
- In addition to the significant stock option package, the estimated salary range for this role is $75,000-$200,000, inclusive of all levels/seniority within this discipline.
- Freeform is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity; employment with Freeform is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.