Software Engineering Team Lead
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
About the Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineering Team Lead to join Flywheel’s medical imaging viewer team. This is an exceptional opportunity to lead a specialized product team focused on the development of a state-of-the-art application tailored to work with medical image data for several clinical workflows. Successful applicants will have a passion for problem-solving, elevating others around them, and delivering quality results. This role requires leadership experience and a strong development background.
The team works with a variety of technologies, including:
Python, Typescript, Go
MongoDB, Redis, SQLite
AWS, Google, and Azure
This role works closely with a cross functional product team and business stakeholders. The team operates within an Agile process and is empowered to alter it as needed to achieve team and company objectives.
We’re highly responsive to customer needs and constantly strive to make a positive contribution to the biomedical and life sciences communities we serve. Team members are recognized and rewarded when advocating for customer success and satisfaction over other concerns. We value self-motivated, creative individuals who work well in a collaborative environment – constantly generating and sharing new ideas and solutions with the team.
Flywheel has a comprehensive benefits package and encourages a balanced work life and home life.
- Lead a cross functional team focused around our viewer/clinical product area.
- Directly manage software engineers on the team providing continuous feedback.
- Develop with a variety of technologies, such as Python, Typescript and Go.
- Work closely with product owners to develop product features and improvements.
- Be accountable for team delivery, performance, and culture.
- Collaborate daily across a geographically dispersed development team including third party developers.
- Build up the team by mentoring other engineers, sharing knowledge, and raising the bar.
- Keep a constant feedback loop open with all members of the team as well as starting conversations about career growth.
What would make you a great fit
- 7+ years of software development experience, 2 of which in direct management of software engineers.
- Derives satisfaction from clearing roadblocks for others.
- History of building culture and collaboration within a team.
- Ability to facilitate healthy debate around technical issues.
- Strong development skills and some proficiency in full stack development with typescript and a backend language such as python or go.
Do you feel like you don't have everything that's listed above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Flywheel is the leading research data platform that's transforming the way biomedical and imaging data are managed at leading life sciences, clinical, and academic institutions globally.
Flywheel provides a comprehensive research data solution with all the tools needed for curation, imaging processing, machine learning workflows, and secure collaboration. By leveraging cloud scalability and automating research workflows, Flywheel helps organizations scale research data and analysis, improve scientific collaboration, and accelerate discoveries.
GO STEADY WITH LEVITY
The alchemy of effective teamwork happens when we each take ownership of both the menial and the magical every day. We’re serious, but never stuffy. We keep our cool under pressure because we assume best intentions and maintain perspective. This allows for true teamwork, with a dash of irreverence.
WORK BETTER TOGETHER
We are tenacious and united in our pursuit of solving our customers’ biggest challenges, and no challenge is too big. Diverse backgrounds across our team make us more effective as we listen, absorb, collaborate, and iterate to innovate.
FIGURE IT OUT
We’re obsessed with uncovering the why of any given. Having an open mind allows us to be quick to fail and quick to adapt. We relentlessly pursue continual improvement through learning and imagining new possibilities.
GIVE A SHIT
We’re fueled by grit, boundless energy, and a deep belief that we are doing cool shit. We don’t hesitate to stand up and speak out because we trust that through tough, honest discourse we can drive change and make a real difference for our customers and our mission.