Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
About the job
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and expanding our commercial footprint in Singapore. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
As a Sales Manager, your goal is to drive growth by closing new business while building and expanding a diversified portfolio of clients. You'll have autonomy in achieving growth goals with continued guidance and coaching to ramp and have long-term success.
If you enjoy diversity in your day-to-day role, this is the perfect opportunity for you as no two days are the same! Examples of activities you might find yourself doing with include: leading a discovery call with a prospect to uncover information about their supply chain processes, discussing an onboarding strategy with a fellow Flexporter across our offices, meeting with a prospective client to set up a trial project, or sharing your best practices with the broader sales team in a peer learning session.
What You Will Do:
- Develop new and existing relationships with companies in Singapore to sell Flexport’s suite of Freight Forwarding, Trade, and Financial Service Products.
- Identify and lead business development initiatives to fuel growth.
- Establish and implement systems, methods and processes to build scalable commercial capabilities.
- Provide insightful market intel and data analysis for internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner cross functionally with account management, marketing, and trade/product teams to define and refine our commercial strategy.
- Take a high energy and entrepreneurial approach to the role. Working collaboratively with the rest of the global functions to drive strategic priorities and get things done.
- Operate with a high level of integrity and compliance to global regulatory requirements.
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in client facing roles with a focus on sales development
- A well developed network of regional and local decision makers in Southeast Asia.
- Extensive experience in the international Freight Forwarding market with direct knowledge of Transpacific, Asia to Europe, and Intra Asia trade lanes expected.
- Ability to handle a broad range of responsibilities on your own and learn and adapt quickly in a hyper growth company.
- Highly effective communicator with good people skills - able to build trust and work well with both local and international stakeholders.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small.
- Comfortable working in a startup environment with fast pace of change and growth.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry
- Excellent Mandarin and English language skills required
(Other languages such as Malay & Tamil are desirable but not required)
Something looks off?