Senior Accounting Analyst
Help us run and improve our Finance in Asia
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move nearly $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
As a result of our global expansion, we’re looking to hire a Senior Accounting Analyst for Flexport Asia to join our growing Asia Team. You will be part of Flexport’s Global Finance and Accounting Team which collaborates as a strategic partner to clients, partners, and all internal departments. We need someone able to create strong processes to keep up with our rapid international growth!
What you'll do:
Accounting & month end close:
- Reconcile APAC inter-company transactions, and actioning adjustments as required
- Prepare APAC consolidated accounting elimination workbook for management review to ensure accurate group reporting
- Work on the monthly VAT reconciliation between booking and tax, and follow up on variances
- Prepare monthly statistic report for Shanghai
- Government subsidy application for APAC entities
- Support local book review for assigned Asia expansion entities
- Support on statutory audit
- Responsible for tax compliance on a regular basis for assigned entities, including but not limited to monthly VAT and quarterly CIT returns;
- Prepare and post tax entries for VAT, CIT for China entities.
- Prepare tax payment request to ensure they are approved and paid within due date
- Support on monthly Transfer Pricing calculation for Shanghai and Shenzhen
What you'll need:
- Education in Tax, Finance or Accounting
- 3-5 year’s corporate accounting & tax working experience
- Experienced at preparing and submitting local statutory and tax requirements
- Familiar with CN/US GAAP and accounting practice with strong professional ethic and eyes to details
- Comprehensive understanding of PRC tax laws and regulations, having international tax experience would be plus
- Excellent communication and reporting skills with detail-orientated mindset
- Able to work independently and proactively in a team-orientated environment
- Able to meet tight deadlines under pressure as well as a good team player
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
Something looks off?