We are currently looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to provide support to our VPs in Asia. The ideal candidate should possess a strong background in the freight forwarding industry, as well as a deep understanding of cultural nuances. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively towards shared objectives are essential for this role.
The position of Executive Assistant calls for the management of complex schedules, coordination of travel arrangements, and organization of meetings. You will also provide administrative assistance to our VPs, help with presentations, and identify opportunities for process enhancement. This role is critical to ensuring that our leaders' schedules are optimized and that their key responsibilities are prioritized. The ideal candidate will be adept at resolving issues and ensuring that our leaders are fully prepared for all events. The role requires exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to thrive under pressure. It will be based in our Hong Kong, Shanghai or Shenzhen office.
- Provide calendar support to our senior leaders in Asia
- Coordinate internal and external meetings and domestic and global travel schedules
- Be available and responsive in a manner consistent with the global nature of the business
- Support and process contracts and expenses, including establishing/administering process for tracking team budget, and assisting team (as needed) with budgets, invoices, and AP/AR issues
- Complete expense reports per policy and requests from Asia management team
- Resolve administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions
- Handle confidential and non-routine information and facilitate communication between appropriate departments
- Attend team meetings as needed, taking notes and follow-up on action items
- Maintain confidentiality and protect operations by having a high level of discretion
- Anticipate the needs of our senior leaders. Plan ahead and be resourceful
- Be unafraid to offer suggestions and make improvements to processes
You should have:
- A BA / BS degree and 3 to 5+ years of related experience;
- Attention to Detail. Being right the first time matters a lot to us;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to interact with internal and external partners;
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced time sensitive environment;
- Hustle. The company depends on us to deliver quickly, across time zones, in multiple languages, and from locations all over the world. We need somebody not to keep the trains running on time, but to speed them up;
- A good attitude. We work awfully hard and we’re having a blast doing it. This team believes what we’re doing is changing the world for the better, and we play to win;
- Be an efficient self-starter and decision-maker that can act on instinct;
- Proficient with Google Suite, Microsoft Office;
- Experience in a start-up environment is a plus!
- Fluency in English
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Something looks off?