A place to do your best work.
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Started in 2013, we've raised $204M from investors that include Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & more.
To keep up with our growth, we’re looking for a smart and passionate Workplace Associate for our growing team to help in building and scaling business expansion projects. Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Be the happy face of Flexport greeting guests, checking them in, and connecting them with their host.
- Serve as back up to our Customer Care Team, answering phones and directing calls when needed.
- Logistical event coordination (Happy hours, office visits, etc)
- Work with the Sr. Workplace Associates and/or Manager to ensure all office supplies are ordered and stocked at all times.
- Manage local Workplace Jira ticketing system, promptly answer tickets and escalate as needed.
- Coordinate with building management (input work orders, access requests, vendor registration, dog registration, etc.)
- Help maintain the appearance of the office, conference rooms, kitchens, and common areas.
- Be a set of eyes on all things office, vendors, security, and facilities.
- Help us stay in compliance across our office and be an ambassador of employee security.
- Work in conjunction with IT Help Desk on new hire workstation setup and office moves.
- Admin support and additional projects as needed.
What you’ll need:
- A BS/BA degree preferred
- 2+ years of administrative/office experience, ideally in a high-growth environment
- A passion for people. You are smart, thoughtful, emotionally intelligent, and excited to bring out the best in people
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with setting up new office is a plus
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across departments within a complex organization
- A structured and organized approach towards your work
- A strong sense of urgency and personal accountability (you take the initiative to make things happen)
- Professionalism including the ability to make a good first impression and demonstrate respectful, friendly and welcoming behavior
- You see a problem and come armed with a solution
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Something looks off?