Lead Product Designer
Fieldguide powers the most complex security and financial audits performed by accounting and advisory firms. With Fieldguide, firms save thousands of hours per year, transforming the operations of their practices and modernizing the experience of their clients.
We’re looking for our first full time product designer. Reporting to the company’s CTO, you’ll play an essential role in founding Fieldguide’s design organization and taking a front-row seat as we build both the company and the Engineering, Product, and Design (EPD) organization to tackle the massive and archaic audit and advisory industry.
The following should describe you:
You want to join an early stage company. We're young, but we've found strong demand for our products and are growing quickly. We've landed numerous top audit and advisory firms as customers, displaced entrenched legacy technology, and have high demand for product access.
You believe that great design and UX are requirements. We bring a user-centered approach to problem solving, focusing deeply on our customers. We're competing with legacy software that was built in the 1990s. These products have extremely low user satisfaction, but are worth billions of dollars just because they're entrenched with so many firms.
You're obsessed with data. We have a rich dataset that can be mined for insights into user behavior. With our data advantage, we can provide our users with intelligent automation, predictions of common workflow patterns, and analytics that will fundamentally change the structure of audits.
You greatly value culture. Our goals are lofty, we work hard, and we want to transform an industry. More importantly, we also work responsibly. We place a premium on building a sustainable, inclusive, high EQ, high feedback, and safe company that celebrates individuals of all backgrounds.
- Deeply understand our customers and their workflows.
- Establish and guide the end-to-end design process for the lifecycle of products and features, from user research, to conceptualization, to launch, to product iteration.
- Set the bar for the design organization by building a trusting partnership with product and engineering and providing mentorship and guidance to junior designers.
- Bring first principles thinking and a focus on continuous improvement to your design work. You’ll be helping us challenge the status quo in the industry and making our products and processes better over time.
The following should describe you:
- 3-5+ years of experience as a product designer on SaaS products with a heavy focus on workflows and complex data.
- Excitement to work on cybersecurity and financial products that make complex standards easier for companies to access and manage. Bonus if you have experience working on security, compliance, or accounting-related products.
- Experience leading customer research sessions, aggregating insights, and communicating findings to product managers, engineers, and executives.
- Ability to establish and lead design systems that span across features and products.
- Ability to work iteratively, mapping user journeys, and taking design concepts from low fidelity wireframes to full Figma prototypes as necessary
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a track record of cross-functional collaboration.
- Excitement to shape the culture and processes of a young design organization.
Fieldguide is establishing the State of Trust for global commerce. We aim to make security and compliance a business enabler for every organization. Through our network of the most efficient professionals, all powered by Fieldguide, companies are able to secure their businesses and establish customer trust like never before.
We’re based in San Francisco, CA, but built as a remote-first company that enables you to do your best work from anywhere. We're backed by top investors including 8VC, Floodgate, Y Combinator, and many more.
At Fieldguide, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company that celebrates individuals of all backgrounds. We’re an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.