Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Epirus is a high-growth technology company developing solid-state, software-defined directed energy systems that enable unprecedented counter-electronics effects and power management solutions to optimize power efficiency in defense and commercial applications. With a constant emphasis on innovation, we are redefining the future of power to bring tomorrow’s capabilities to life, today. And that’s just the beginning.
Job Summary: This is an exciting role in a growing company. The ideal candidate for the position is someone who has experience in product development, manufacturing, electronics, and mechanical assembly. The role will lead the development of a manufacturing execution system (MES) including focus on unique and novel manufacturing capabilities. In this role, you will work closely with an exceptional engineering team and support daily production activities. This person will be responsible to create and implement digital work instructions and to create procedures used to standardize workflow that optimizes the production process.
- Set standards for design and manufacturing with cross-functional engineering teams. Drive design updates to improve manufacturability (DfMA)
- Lead in the structuring and evolution of the manufacturing execution system including the setup of manufacturing work center architecture and product flow for testing
- Own planning and implementation of lifts & hardware integration plans for larger assemblies that require craning and rigging
- Participate in development of new factory and introduction of new product lines (NPI)
- Evaluate non-conformances realized in hardware testing and implement solutions with test and engineering organizations
- Develop, demonstrate, and verify that innovative production processes are ready for production
- Work in a fast paced agile environment and adapt to evolving design and production challenges
- Create KPI’s and other metrics that provide data to drive decisions on design and process changes that support program cost and delivery goals.
- Provide inputs to manufacturing plans and operation strategy; regularly prepare and present data to upper management
- Participation in daily, weekly production meetings and focus on resolving internal and external manufacturing defects and yield related discrepancies
- Interface with production technician, engineering team and leadership daily
- Develop training materials for manufacturing engineering team and drive tasking in weekly scrum meetings
- Train and coach technician team on new processes or to improve quality
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing or process engineering
- Experience with Crane and Rigging best practices
- Expert level Solidworks or 3D modeling design experience
- Expert in documenting detailed assembly instructions with 3D models, pictures, diagrams and text
- Knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety elements, especially related to craning and rigging, and RF testing
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative; capable of working across all levels of the organization
- US Citizen and/or Permanent Resident (future security clearance may be required)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Hands-on experience developing or utilizing software tools in a programming language such as Python
- Experience with RF Products, Electromechanical assembly, and test
- Industry 4.0 topics including Model based Engineering, Automation, IoT and Digital Thread
- Aerospace/Defense experience and/or military experience
- Knowledge of Production Systems and Lean Manufacturing elements
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerances (GD+T)
- RF and Power Test
- Understanding of how ERP/MRP works in product development and production environments
- Experience with ISO9001/AS9100 quality management systems elements
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
People are the most important part of Epirus – and always come first. We don’t believe in the word impossible and are always asking “why not” as work to usher in a new paradigm of power efficiency. Our fast-growing team is agile, creative, and innovative. We support a culture of constant learning and sense of belonging among our team members and know that mentorship matters. We embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and beyond. To deliver on our mission, we are always looking for problem solvers, changemakers and innovators to join our fast-growing team.