Warehouse Associate (Contract)
Epirus is a high-growth technology company developing solid-state, software-defined directed energy systems that enable unprecedented counter-electronics effects and power management solutions to optimize power efficiency in defense and commercial applications. With a constant emphasis on innovation, we are redefining the future of power to bring tomorrow’s capabilities to life, today. And that’s just the beginning.
Job Summary: Reporting to Warehouse Manager, the ideal candidate for the position is someone who has experience in warehousing and a manufacturing environment. In this role, you will work closely with several departments and internal customers who will rely on you to fulfill their material needs in order to reach their manufacturing goals. You will also be tasked to keep the warehouse in a well-organized fashion, maintain inventory, perform cycle counts and year-end physical inventories, receive/update ERP/WMS with incoming PO’s/orders, fulfill inventory request, process RMA shipments, shipping/receiving, and other warehouse general duties.
- Shipping and Receiving: Maintain and update ERP system with all incoming shipments.
- Verify shipment accuracy, cross referencing packing lists, and communicate any discrepancies to the appropriate teams.
- Perform weekly cycle counts to ensure accuracy and integrity of material.
- Pick and prepare internal customer orders, ensuring that the correct items are selected and packed for shipment.
- Process inventory requests by verifying item availability and accurately recording disbursements.
- Update/Adjust inventory as needed using the ERP system.
- Operate Forklift as needed following all safety guidelines.
- Inventory organization and maintenance.
- Maintain warehouse and workspace in a clean, safe, and organized fashion (5S)
- Assist as needed to reach departmental and company goals.
- Verify shipment accuracy for ESD-sensitive components, cross-referencing packing lists, and communicate any discrepancies to the appropriate teams while strictly following ESD handling guidelines.
- Quick thinking and adaptability in resolving unexpected challenges during order fulfillment and inventory management.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in warehouse operations, including shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, and inventory
- Forklift operator experience is a plus.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Certification and experience in operating forklift equipment safely and efficiently.
- 5S Methodology knowledge
- Precision in inventory management to avoid errors in order fulfillment and maintain accurate records.
- Data entry skills for accurate and timely input of inventory records
- Knowledge of ESD safety protocols and the ability to handle ESD- sensitive components in a safe and compliant manner.
- Self-driven with great time management skills
- Collaborative; capable of working across all levels of the organization
- Organized; comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to lift 30lbs
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
People are the most important part of Epirus – and always come first. We don’t believe in the word impossible and are always asking “why not” as work to usher in a new paradigm of power efficiency. Our fast-growing team is agile, creative, and innovative. We support a culture of constant learning and sense of belonging among our team members and know that mentorship matters. We embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and beyond. To deliver on our mission, we are always looking for problem solvers, changemakers and innovators to join our fast-growing team.