Epirus is a high-growth technology company that develops solid-state, human-safe directed energy systems that enable unprecedented counter-electronics effects and power management solutions to enhance power efficiency in defense and commercial electronics. With a constant emphasis on innovation, we are redefining modern power systems to increase the velocity of change for our customers and bring tomorrow's capabilities to life, today.
JOB OBJECTIVE: The ideal candidate for the position is a proven leader and someone with a demonstrated depth / breath of experience managing contracts, inclusive of domestic and international content. This position will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and be responsible for contract analysis, negotiations, contract execution, and preparing/ negotiating bids (to include pricing models); reports; advising management of contractual rights and obligations; compiling and analyzing data; and maintaining historical information.
- Responsible for implementation of Epirus, Inc. contract/subcontract activities
- Contract Strategy: Develop and implement contract strategies that align with the company's goals and objectives. Adapt to non-traditional defense contracting paradigms while maintaining compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Proposal Development: Lead the contract proposal process, working closely with cross functional partners to create competitive proposals that meet customer requirements and objectives as well as ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with company practices and procedures
- Contract Negotiation: Conduct negotiations with customers, partners, and suppliers to establish favorable terms and conditions that mitigate risks and drive positive outcomes for the company.
- Draft, flow-down required regulations, negotiate, administer, and track subcontracts
- Monitor contract performance for compliance with applicable laws, delivery schedules, payment provisions, funding increases, time extensions, government property transfers and other contractual requirements
- Risk Management: Identify and assess potential contractual and legal risks, develop mitigation strategies, and implement risk management measures to safeguard the company's interests.
- Regulatory Compliance: Stay update to date on relevant industry regulations, export controls, and compliance requirements to ensure adherence throughout the contract lifecycle.
- Establish teaming/cooperative agreements with potential business partners and universities
- Settle disputes regarding contract interpretation, conditions, or compliance with legal requirements
- Ensure that intellectual property is protected with the inclusion of correct terms in government and prime contractor contracts, advise on correct data rights markings in accordance with the contracts, necessary invention disclosures, and patent filing schedule to maintain maximum patent rights
- Assist with government audits and property administration
- Provide supervision and oversight of staff
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 8+ years of combined experience in the following: Proposal Development, Pricing, Contracts, and Business Management
- Ability to effectively coordinate with other organizations (program management, subcontracts, pricing, business management, and supply chain management) as well as representatives of
- Government agencies
- Excellence in negotiation of price and terms and conditions
- Prior experience with various Government contract types such as Time & Material, Cost types, Fixed Price types, OTA, as well as commercial contracts
- Experience managing a program and working with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated understanding (interpretation and compliance at a senior level) of and experience with FAR and DFARS, especially with FAR Part 12 and FAR Part 15
- Excellent leadership and communication skills to foster collaboration and effectively engage with clients.
- Ability to navigate the intricacies of government contracting on a commercial business model
- Strong negotiation skills with a history of successful contract negotiations.
- Ability to swiftly grasp complex concepts and adapt to new information, ensuring rapid integration into a fast-paced work environment.
- Proven track record of efficiently acclimating to new roles and responsibilities, enabling immediate contribution and impact in dynamic settings.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (future security clearance may be required)
- Contracts Management and Procurement Certifications
- Aerospace/Defense experience and/or military experience
- Component electronics manufacturing experience
People are the most important part of Epirus – and always come first. We don’t believe in the word impossible and are always asking “why not” as work to usher in a new paradigm of power efficiency. Our fast-growing team is agile, creative, and innovative. We support a culture of constant learning and sense of belonging among our team members and know that mentorship matters. We embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and beyond. To deliver on our mission, we are always looking for problem solvers, changemakers and innovators to join our fast-growing team.