Bilingual Care Coordinator (Fully Remote)
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
Empassion is a Management Services Organization (MSO) focused on improving the quality of care and costs for a highly neglected “Advanced illness/ end of life” patient population. Four percent of the Medicare population but 25 percent of its costs. The impact is driven deeper with families who are left with minimal options and decreased time with their loved ones. Empassion is enabling increased access and alignment while delivering superior outcomes for patients, their communities, the healthcare system, families, and society.
Empassion is one of the most impactful and exciting start-ups in healthcare. Our focus is to improve the quality of care and reduce costs for seniors with advanced illness. Empassion works with primary care, palliative care, hospice, and home health providers to ensure that patients with advanced illness receive the care they both want and need. We are committed to giving patients and their families more good days at home. Empassion is currently in 35 states, working with hundreds of providers and thousands of patients.
We are hiring a bilingual (Spanish/English) care coordinator to work directly with patients, providers, and families in our palliative care program, Day-to-day, you will work with patients to enroll them in our program, connect them with their providers, ensure they are receiving top-quality care, and act as a trusted resource for them and their families. We are looking for someone with an empathetic ear and strong multitasking skills to help our patients get the care they need and deliver on our mission of getting them more good days.
Care coordinators will join our Central Operations team, which consists of like-minded care coordinators and is managed by a leader with deep healthcare contact center and care coordination experience. Empassion will provide in-depth training and resources to ensure that you will be successful in this role. This position is fully remote, but our team communicates regularly on Zoom and Slack.
What success looks like:
- Help patients understand the value of palliative care
- Enroll patients in the program and connect them to palliative care providers
- Answer questions that patients, caregivers, and providers have about palliative care or the program more broadly
- Document patient encounters and triage any patient needs to their care team
- Follow up with patients to ensure they are receiving high-quality care from Empassion’s network of providers
- Collaborate on process improvement
What you will bring:
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant work experience in a customer service call center or healthcare
- Basic understanding of healthcare
- Caring and compassionate, social work or other people-centered background preferred
- Enthusiastic about providing an outstanding experience for Empassion Health’s patients and their caregivers
- Passionate about making a change in the healthcare experience: you love to serve and make a difference, and you go the extra mile for patients
- Empathetic and well-spoken: you enjoy speaking with patients on the phone and possess strong communication skills
- Comfortable working with technology and in a dynamic, startup environment
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (written and spoken)
- Secure Wi-Fi connectivity
Remote vs. In person
Though Empassion is a fully remote company, we do have programming and events which require us to be in person, including team and company-wide meetings.
Empassion will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Empassion, please notify us at: [email protected]
We want you to know: You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself (especially in your cover letter- this is where you can really state your case for *why you*). We are committed to fostering diversity in our organization and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a policy of Empassion not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.