Finance & Operations Manager
We’re an early stage, well-funded startup team with a proven track record of shipping open source software with global adoption. We put a premium on respectful, clear, and complete communication, and we expect each other to be creative, curious, effective, and empathetic.
We believe deeply that the right tools and abstractions enable not just technological transformation, but also organizational transformation. We strive to put the user and their hard work at the center of our decision making. In practice, that means we are looking for engineers who want to write clean APIs and helpful error messages, and who always try to understand user needs when designing a new system.
About the role
Our company is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Finance and Operations Manager to join our team. As the first dedicated hire on the Finance team, the ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing the financial and operational activities of our organization, ensuring that they are conducted efficiently, effectively, and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
This is a full-time, competitively paid position with benefits. We are a distributed team with offices in San Francisco and Minneapolis. We have team members all over the U.S. and we are hiring fully remote candidates in the U.S. Every employee is provided a remote work stipend to cover the cost of home office equipment and anything else that makes your remote work location comfortable, productive, or successful. And if you’d rather not work from home, we’ll cover the cost of a coworking or office space if you’re fully remote.
- Oversee FP&A-related activities of the organization, including budgeting, financial forecasting, and monthly financial reporting to leadership, as well as quarterly reporting to the board.
- Manage accounts payables and accounts receivables, working with vendors and clients to ensure timely and accurate payment and billing.
- Manage the day-to-day financial operations of the organization, including overseeing reimbursements, departmental budget tracking etc.
- Meet with budget owners on a monthly basis to ensure stakeholders understand their budget (how much has been spent, what is remaining etc.)
- Work with external accountants to close the monthly books and handle all tax-related matters.
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures that ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Provide strategic guidance and support to senior management on financial and operational matters.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years of experience in a FP&A, Strategic Finance, or Accounting-related role, preferably in a fast-paced startup or high-growth environment.
- Strong financial analysis and reporting skills, with experience in budgeting and forecasting.
- Skilled with Sheets or Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations, including GAAP, SEC regulations, and tax laws.
- Relevant degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or related field.
- Experience in managing accounts payables and accounts receivables.
- CPA or CMA certification.
You belong here
We are committed to building an inclusive team and an open source community where no one feels out of place. We know that teams with diverse backgrounds state their assumptions more explicitly, think more rigorously, and build better software. Plus it's more fun and interesting to work with a wide variety of perspectives.
You should apply to work at Elementl if you want to work in, and help to build and strengthen, a high-performing software development environment where people of all backgrounds are welcome.
Dagster is built in Python and TypeScript to work on macOS, Posix, and Windows. We use GraphQL, Apollo, and React to develop beautiful frontend tooling. We integrate with a wide range of databases, data warehouses, orchestration engines, compute substrates, and cloud services.
The estimated annual cash salary for this role is $130,000 - $190,000.
- ℹ️ Learn more about Dagster
- ▶️ Watch the 10 min Dagster Overview
- ▶️ Hear from some members of our team
- ▶️ Hear from some of our users
No recruiters please.
Something looks off?