Senior Software Engineer
Elegen is blazing a path towards a biology-based economy with a highly innovative approach to DNA synthesis that delivers an industry leading length of 7kb in 7 business days with a 99.999% per base accuracy. Our multidisciplinary team of best-in-class biologists, chemists, hardware, and software engineers apply cutting-edge technologies and methods to solve critical bottlenecks in synthetic biology workflows to help our customers in pharma, biotech, agbio, and biomanufacturing streamline their work and realize the full potential of programmable biology.
We are seeking a talented Full Stack Sr. Software Engineer to help develop and scale our enterprise SW infrastructure for commercial operation. You will be responsible for development and maintenance of the software that supports the full Quote-to-Cash process. Software currently supporting commercial sales include an online sales portal, order processing and DNA manufacturing, sales tracking in NetSuite ERP, and end-to-end integration with the HubSpot CRM, all through various API layers.
- Work with development teams and key stakeholders to maintain and enhance the Full Stack of commercial DNA synthesis platform software
- Be Elegen’s most Senior SWE to Tech Lead the SDLC process including technical requirements, analysis, design, development, testing, defect fixes, and software Support
- Convert business requirements to RDBMS entity modeling and physical design
- Source control and build management using repositories such as GitHub
- Agile development and leading scrums using JIRA for backlog, tasks, and defect management
- REST APIs, Microservices, and Service mesh architecture design and implementation using domain driven design on AWS using API Gateway and Lambda
- Unit test frameworks using mocks which can be run as part of batch builds
- UX and website design for customer facing portal and services
Essential Candidate Profile
- 10 years of industry experience
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience building Commercial Software applications using Python, Kafka, SaaS Django or other as a Full Stack Developer
- Experience developing web-based and desktop applications using Python, Java, C, C#, C++, Angular.JS, React.js, node.JS, .net
- Experience using Python Libraries such as: NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, Pandas data frame, urllib2, Django, Boto3
- Design and development of REST APIs using Web Services on AWS using Python and IDE’s such as PyCharm, Eclipse, MS Visual Studio
- Experience working with SQA to define test protocols, defect resolution and providing quality software specifications
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. SQL Server), web servers (e.g. Apache, IIS) and UI/UX design
Preferred Candidate Qualifications
- Familiarity with new product introductions (NPI), and product development life cycle activities
- Experience in synthetic biology, DNA synthesis, or Life Science Tools.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, MS Charts or other packages)
- Experience with Biotech and\or LIMS systems
- Expertise in Architecture, configuration and capacity planning of cloud services and containers for AWS (Amazon Web Services).
- Authentication using OKTA and managing security tokens for end-user and services.
- Degree in Software, Science or Engineering related field
Salary and Benefits:
The annual base salary compensation for this role, if based in California is: $175,000 - $210,000. Compensation may be different in other locations. Final compensation also includes bonus, equity and benefits. Specific offer packages are determined by multiple factors, including candidate skill, experience, expertise, and location.
✓ Healthcare ✓ Dental ✓ Vision ✓ Learning Allowance
✓ 401K ✓ Flexible PTO ✓ Short Term Disability ✓ Fitness Allowance
About The Company:
Founded and led by Dr. Matthew Hill and located in San Carlos, CA, Elegen is well-capitalized by top life science investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, and KdT. The company is advised and staffed by leading biotechnology scientists and entrepreneurs, including Dr. Marc Unger, inventor of the Nanoflex™ valve, and former CSO of Fluidigm. Dr. Hill has a PhD from Stanford and a proven track record of advancing innovative technologies from invention to commercial success. Over eight years in his previous role as VP of R&D at a leading molecular diagnostics company, he co-invented and launched five precision molecular diagnostic products, including a best-in-class noninvasive prenatal test used by millions. These products earn more than $350 million per year in revenue and enabled an IPO.
Elegen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Elegen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law. All applicants have rights under the following Federal Employement Laws: