Common is a global residential manager making city living easier for renters through the thoughtful use of technology and design. Common delivers exceptional experiences for thousands of residents across coliving, microunits, and traditional apartments. Founded in 2015, they are the preferred choice for residents looking for stress-free city living from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. Habyt, the biggest co-living operator in Europe and Asia, and Common, the largest co-living operator in North America, joined forces at the beginning of 2023 to create the leading global co-living company. The combined entity brings to life a next generation of living concepts operating worldwide. With locations in over 40 cities and 14 countries, across three continents, the combined entity will operate over 30,000 units that vary from co-living, studios and traditional rental apartments.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is seeking a General Manager (Property Manager) to join our growing team. This position will ensure the properties meet budgeted financial and operational goals by managing onsite staff and collaborating closely with Common’s specialized teams (Sales, Maintenance, Marketing, Accounting). As the primary contact to owners, success in this role requires razor-sharp analytical skills. This role will report to the Director of Property Management.
- Prepare annual operating budgets and perform budget projections for all properties
- Ensure and complete all required weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports are completed accurately, on-time, and with relevant analyses
- Ensure all tenant A/R related inquiries are resolved quickly and accurately
- Responsible for managing delinquencies and evictions
- Act as the primary point of contact to property owners
- Work with stakeholders to implement effective cost control, revenue maximization, and delinquency management systems
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of all your properties and their competitors
- Ensure your buildings perform to targeted performance metrics
- Utilize online accounting systems, including but not limited to approving large purchase orders and annual contracts
- Ongoing management of onsite staff and constant coordination with cross-functional stakeholders in Maintenance, Sales, Compliance, Leasing, and Accounting
- Overseeing and coordinate all resident relations including member escalations
- Work with the Member Support team to investigate and resolve member concerns and complaints
- Audit ledgers and leases to address ledger discrepancies and provide quality assurance, as needed
- Assist in ensuring that all work orders and repair requests are processed in a timely fashion
- Drive local member experience through events and member delight efforts
- Walk properties daily (vacant apartments, common areas, amenities, and grounds)
- Assisting on all emergency situations
- Other ad hoc projects may be assigned
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- 3+ years experience in Property Management
- 3+ years experience in Leasing
- 3+ years working with budgets
- Demonstrated success and experience managing a growing team
- Comfortable working with leases
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Extreme level of empathy and ability to connect with people from all walks of life; ability to balance a passion for making people happy while setting expectations
- Previous sales experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Impeccable organization, attention to detail, and ability to handle high volume and manage your own time
- Self-starter that’s comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment and able to make smart decisions quickly using both data and strong emotional intelligence
- Experience working cross-functionally with a demonstrated ability to both give and receive constructive feedback
- Understanding of and experience working with budgets, and preparing any monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
NOTICE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OF CALIFORNIA EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
- Field Operations
- General Manager
- San Francisco, CA
- Yearly salary
- $55,000 - $60,000
Habyt was founded in Berlin by a team of entrepreneurs with a vision to create affordable and sustainable living solutions around the world. The co-living and housing rental model was broken, and finding a home was never an easy process. From bad paperwork to worse flatmates, unlocking the next move was never straightforward — and Habyt wanted to fix precisely that.