Director Property Management
Director Property Management
Common is a global residential manager making city living easier for renters through the thoughtful use of technology and design. Common delivers exceptional experiences for thousands of residents across coliving, microunits, and traditional apartments. Founded in 2015, they are the preferred choice for residents looking for stress-free city living from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. Habyt, the biggest co-living operator in Europe and Asia, and Common, the largest co-living operator in North America, joined forces at the beginning of 2023 to create the leading global co-living company. The combined entity brings to life a next generation of living concepts operating worldwide. With locations in over 40 cities and 14 countries, across three continents, the combined entity will operate over 30,000 units that vary from co-living, studios and traditional rental apartments.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is growing rapidly and expanding into multiple new cities. We are looking for ambitious, self-motivated individuals to help our mission of turning housing into a consumer-focused industry. We are looking for a solution-oriented, client-focused leader for our West Coast region Property Management team. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that our properties on the West Coast are meeting the budgeted financial and operational goals through the management of our West Coast Portfolio Managers. Additionally, this person will oversee the upkeep and maintenance of our properties, housekeeping services, vendor and strategic partner relationship management, and develop the operational strategy to manage a fast-growing portfolio of buildings. Reporting to the Senior Director, Property Management, this is a critical leadership role at our company and will be a thought leader to support the rest of the organization.
- Manage a regional team across a portfolio of properties and across our multiple brands, with the goal of providing amazing customer service to our members and real estate partners
- Drive client satisfaction for property owners within your region prioritizing client needs and facilitating a quick resolution to any escalations
- Manage performance to budget for all properties within your region
- Ensure all required weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports are completed accurately, on-time, and with relevant analyses
- Drive annual operating budgets and perform budget projections for all properties in your region
- Hire, support, and provide performance feedback to a diverse team including portfolio managers, regional managers, community managers, property technicians, coordinators, porters, building administrators and housekeepers
- Full accountability and oversight for property services, staffing, budgeting, capital improvement priorities, and changes to methods and practices in your region
- Relentless focus on expense management, driving down costs through effective negotiation and innovative process improvements
- Partner with our Construction team to drive renovation projects across our properties
- Travel quarterly to properties in your region to inspect buildings and ensure efficient operations
- Other responsibilities and ad-hoc duties from time to time and based on business needs
- 8+ years experience in property management or related operational leadership roles
- Working knowledge of building systems
- Passion for building teams and relentlessly optimistic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to break down and explain complex concepts
- Demonstrated urgency to make changes and tenacity to overcome barriers
- Experience managing institutional client relationships
- Experience managing a high achieving team
- Experience managing vendors, contractors, outsourced service providers
- Experience in Real Estate, Property Management or Hospitality is preferable
- Ability to travel to remote markets
- Project management skills to identify problems, scope solutions and take action on areas for improvement
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Head of Operations
- Los Angeles, CA
- Yearly salary
- $135,000 - $145,000
Habyt was founded in Berlin by a team of entrepreneurs with a vision to create affordable and sustainable living solutions around the world. The co-living and housing rental model was broken, and finding a home was never an easy process. From bad paperwork to worse flatmates, unlocking the next move was never straightforward — and Habyt wanted to fix precisely that.