Guest Experience Intern
Guest Experience Intern
About the job
Housing is hard. One size rarely fits all, and it's a hell of a process. As the largest flexible housing company globally, Habyt’s mission is to provide access to housing anywhere, for everyone. Our drive is to create solutions with a digital-first approach, making every move easy, and every house a home. If you are passionate about real estate and would like to join a dynamic, talented, and diverse team of professionals from all around the world — you are in the right place!
As a Guest Experience Intern, you are a Habyt brand ambassador and will be a part of a high-performing team at our Hotel property (Owen House), contributing to the optimisation of revenue, occupancy, and average rate, and also delivering the level of service that produces guest satisfaction.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Greeting guests and performing check-in and check-out duties
- Creating a satisfactory level of engagement with guests by showing interest, anticipating requests, and engaging with them throughout their stay
- Delivering high-quality customer service by listening to guests’ requests and concerns and coordinating with internal teams to find appropriate solutions to fulfil the request or resolve the incident promptly
- Managing reservations and email inquiries, monitoring room inventory, and assigning rooms when on shift
- Communicating with the Sales team or other stakeholders to coordinate and conduct the necessary pre-arrival work for VIPs, corporate clients, groups, etc.
- Monitoring and maximising room inventory to accommodate new sales leads and reservations
- Proactively encourage longer lengths of stay for in-house guests
- Proactively upsell to hit monthly team and individual targets
- Proactively looking for areas for development and improvement for yourself and others
- Updating guest data in the PMS and other IT systems as required
- Ensuring compliance with all SOPs and standards
The skills, attitude, and experience we require are:
- Pursuing or recently completed a diploma / degree in Hospitality, Hotel Management, or a related field, demonstrating a strong foundation in service-oriented disciplines
- Independent with exceptional customer service and teamwork skills
Understand the importance of teamwork as well as individual contributing towards a common goal
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- A willingness to work rotating shifts - Shifts are of 5 days/week including weekends, PH, and both morning, afternoon, and night shifts when required
- Active listening and problem-solving skills, with the ability to accurately assess a situation and respond appropriately to resolve all comments, tickets, queries, and concerns professionally
- Tech-savvy with experience working with Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and PMS/helpdesk systems
- A minimum of 4 months.
- Guest Experience Intern
- Owen House, Singapore
- Employment type
Habyt was founded in Berlin by a team of entrepreneurs with a vision to create affordable and sustainable living solutions around the world. The co-living and housing rental model was broken, and finding a home was never an easy process. From bad paperwork to worse flatmates, unlocking the next move was never straightforward — and Habyt wanted to fix precisely that.