Director, Network Strategy & Implementation
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
The Director of Network Strategy & Implementation sits at the intersection of market operations, clinical, and growth driving Cityblock’s total cost of care and provider partnership strategy and related growth initiatives.
You will define and execute provider network solutions, and initiatives across Cityblock’s markets that contribute to Cityblock’s management of the total cost of care and experience for its patients, including financial success, clinical and quality outcomes, and care delivery operational excellence. You will own the design, execution and success of select initiatives to impact the outcomes, quality, and total cost of care for Cityblock members.
You will own the lifecycle of such initiatives, including:
- Managing the implementation and success of large scale initiatives across multiple stakeholders – driving alignment around program design, value/ROI, measurement framework, and operating model
- Identification of key care delivery opportunities across specialty areas, Cityblock providers, and community-based, non-Cityblock providers and healthcare organizations
- Create a comprehensive opportunity analysis, business case, including an execution plan, financial budgets, and ROI analysis of network initiatives, in partnership with Cityblock’s clinical, finance, medical economics, and actuarial teams, Market Leaders, and other key stakeholders
- Facilitate build or buy decisions around network strategy and growth initiatives
- Pilot, measure, and scale the network strategies, in partnership with the market leaders, clinical, growth teams and other stakeholders
- Create a care delivery / network strategy playbook that positions Cityblock for successful new market entry (geographic, new products/services, etc.)
The ideal candidate is analytical, with the ability to leverage experience and innovative thinking, to make tactical, data-driven recommendations against clinical, operational, and financial goals of Cityblock. This role requires a high level of change management and cross-functional alignment, and comfortable navigating ambiguity with ease. They also are an expert at building strong relationships, earning trust across all levels of internal and external partners.
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required; MBA or equivalent preferred
- 7+ years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Resourceful and data-driven, navigating data, conducting analysis, and/or market research to pose and answer key questions to inform recommendations
- Deeply strategic and operationally oriented, constantly focused on performance excellence and efficiency, but also seeking ways to innovate and grow
- Direct experience in strategy or operations within healthcare consulting, healthcare investing, or a capitated or risk-based medical group or payor in value-based arrangements
- Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to project professional competence, leadership capability, and personal maturity. Most importantly, you inspire a commitment to Cityblock’s mission and to excellence
- Possess excellent presentation skills and the ability to own external relationships with key executive stakeholders under minimal supervision
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $133,600 to $194,000. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.