Senior Associate, Market Operations Support
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
The Senior Associate, Market Operations Support will lead core operational initiatives in the Florida Market. You will report to the Head of Operations Excellence and will work closely with leadership across the Florida Market, as well as with National and Regional leaders across Cityblock’s Clinical Strategy, Data and Product Teams and with external partners.
This role will wear many hats and assume major responsibilities within high visibility projects and engagements related to building, monitoring and improving Cityblock’s core operations as we scale rapidly within the market and evaluate opportunities to improve the Cityblock care model.
The ideal candidate learns quickly, takes initiative, and can work collaboratively with all team members. You love to build and test new processes and workflows, and are ready to roll up your sleeves and dig into the details to make sure they land. You draw insights from data and are comfortable working with Cityblock’s data team to make sure our care teams have access to the data and tools they need to serve our members. If you like solving hard problems, have experience serving on teams to deliver high impact projects and initiatives, are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in the healthcare industry, and are an amazing teammate, then we want to hear from you!
You will develop and monitor a variety of programs and projects to support the Florida Market, which may include:
- Developing new standardized, scalable processes, workflows, and analytical tools to address market needs and continuously monitoring workforce performance
- Analyzing performance data and designing dashboards with the data team to ensure leadership and staff have access to the right data to drive performance
- Owning and improving existing key components of our care model strategy at the market level, including provider visit strategy, member surveys, and other clinical initiatives
- Piloting new market-level initiatives and distilling learnings and applying best practices towards national operations
- Supporting coordination with local partners and vendors
- Supporting roll-out of national strategic initiatives at the hub level
- Project managing longer term market initiatives, including monitoring members moving between models
- Data distribution and presentation of data and findings to market leadership and frontline staff for particular projects in the team on a regular basis
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting or similar large-scale initiatives management experience
- Enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute complex, cross-functional projects
- Skilled at working with data and have a track record of answering business questions through meaningful analyses with easy-to-understand outputs and visualizations (using tools like Excel, Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Detail oriented and adopt a process-oriented mindset
- Very comfortable with the project planning process, materials, and workflows
- Very comfortable with business analytics or performance measurement, and proficient in MS Excel, Google Sheets, Apple Numbers, or similar spreadsheet applications
- Proven track record for working well across diverse teams
- Thrive in fast-moving work environments as an independent contributor
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Excited to take on any challenge -- no job too small!
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.