Senior Contract Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Contract Manager, who will be the second member of our in-house legal team, reporting directly to our Director of IP. The Senior Contract Manager will lead and own the development of a contract management system and will be responsible for supporting the contract needs across our rapidly growing organization dedicated to the development of cell therapy solutions.
The primary focus of this position will be to develop and implement a contract management system, as well as to assist in all stages of a contract lifecycle. This position will interact closely with different cross functional groups at all levels of the organization to handle and manage their business contracts. Responsibilities may also include supporting other tasks as assigned, including patent and trademark matters, assisting in presentations for leadership meetings, and general administrative tasks.
Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment, and be prepared to tackle a broad selection of challenges as the company grows.
- Implement, own, and manage a contract management system to support all stages of a contract lifecycle, from contract request to execution
- Provide end-to-end contract operation support for R&D, finance, procurement, legal, regulatory, and business development teams, including contract creation, review, and negotiation
- Edit contracts with a high attention to detail to ensure they accurately reflect transaction goals
- Create and maintain contract policies, templates, and playbooks in coordination with in-house and outside legal counsel
- Interface with outside legal counsel for additional support as necessary
- Complete other administrative tasks as assigned, including managing patent annuities fees and trademark matters, presentation preparation, and handling of invoices and expenses
- Bachelor’s Degree, BA or BS
- 7 or more years of experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial contracts, ideally in the biotechnology or healthcare industry
- Extensive working knowledge of contract lifecycle management (CLM) software and capabilities
- Track record of effectively working with a cross-functional team and collaborating with others internally and externally
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize a high volume of projects under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with different types of agreements, including Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), Master Service Agreements (MSAs), Statements of Work (SOWs), vendor agreements, consulting agreements, and licensing agreements
- Process and detail oriented
- Self-awareness, integrity, authenticity, and a growth/entrepreneurial mindset
- J.D. preferred
- Background knowledge of, or a strong willingness to learn, patent and trademark practices
This is Cellares
Cellares is creating the future of cell therapy manufacturing. The company is developing an innovative cell therapy manufacturing solution that is robust, cost-effective and scalable so that cell therapies are more affordable and widely available to patients in need. Our multidisciplinary team comes together from diverse backgrounds with a shared passion for accelerating access to life-saving cell therapies. We value integrity, curiosity, the courage to grow and embrace change. At Cellares, you will collaborate with a world class team of engineers, scientists, and business leaders who are as excited about improving the world as you are.
Leveling will be based on overall experience, education, and demonstration of knowledge throughout the interview process.
See more open positions at Cellares
Something looks off?