Staff Software Engineer - Cloud
We’re a well-funded early-stage start-up. You’ll get a chance to wear many hats, be a part of a growing team, and have the potential for exciting financial and career growth.
Here’s what sets us apart. We’ve set our sights on some of the biggest challenges facing biology today. We’re amassing a world class team of engineers, scientists, team builders and problem solvers to tackle these challenges heads-on. We’re passionate about developing the next generation technologies that will unravel the complexities of biology.
This is a unique opportunity to build, be part of an early-stage start-up and be surrounded by good humans who are super capable, humble and down-to- earth.
As the Staff Software Engineer for cloud, you will play a crucial role in bringing Cellanome’s revolutionary technology to life by designing, developing, deploying, and owning scalable & reliable software. Job duties include:
- Lead a team of developers by providing technical guidance, mentorship, and support.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to gather requirements, design, and ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to ensure code quality and adherence to coding standards.
- Monitor and troubleshoot production issues and provide timely resolutions. Continuously optimize API performance and scalability.
- Document APIs, architecture, and technical specifications.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives and contribute to the enhancement of development processes and workflows.
- Minimum 8 years of professional software development experience including experience with at least one software programming language experience.
- In depth experience with full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience.
- Experience with test-driven API development using TypeScript.
- Proven ability to lead design or architecture (design patterns, reliability, and scaling).
- Experience building cloud technology using AWS. Familiarity with other cloud provider technologies (e.g. Azure and GCP) preferred.
- Experience with large scale data analysis, visualization tools, and/or debugging.
- Ability to work in a startup environment at various stages of growth.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot problems and develop effective solutions.
- Previous experience in a technical leadership role preferred.
We provide competitive total compensation packages, including base pay, benefits, and equity. In California, the estimated base salary range for this position is $155,000 - $175,000/year. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
What you can expect from us:
You’ll feel the energy when you walk in our door – we work hard, we have fun and we have ambitious plans to grow. Cellanome offers a comprehensive employment package that includes a competitive salary, generous stock options, great individual, and family health plans, a 401(k) and flexibility to balance work and life.
We embrace and celebrate the diversity of our employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Something looks off?